Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Attn: MODS -- any way to get a WOHM forum/sub-forum??

Hola MODS!

I have some issues I would like to discuss with other working moms (ok - I know we are all *working moms* - I mean other moms who also work outside the home). Is there a way to get a forum or sub-forum for WOHMs?

I figure I could junk up the "off topic" discussions but ...

TIA!

Advertisement

There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
zenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Attn: MODS -- any way to get a WOHM forum/sub-forum??

i like the idea!
Denise, wife to Mike since 6-15-2002, PTWOHM and College Student Mommy to Samuel Wyatt (8-24-04) (who has a blue belt in Shaolin Kung-Fu) and cding, co-sleeping Andrea Rachelle (10-11-06) (Our Celiac Disease, Seizure having beauty queen).
Maybe you're offended b/c you know it's the truth!
zenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

.. I don't get why. There's a WAHM forum but it's not really for issues with working in the home, but rather to advertise what your products, so a sort of spinoff from the FSOT for home businesses. Us WOHM's don't have anything to advertise? And I doubt many of us have issues with working out of the home that doesn't fall into any other other categories, like parenting.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

you should post this in "ask the pros"- they will see it better there
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivete View Post
.. I don't get why. There's a WAHM forum but it's not really for issues with working in the home, but rather to advertise what your products, so a sort of spinoff from the FSOT for home businesses. Us WOHM's don't have anything to advertise? And I doubt many of us have issues with working out of the home that doesn't fall into any other other categories, like parenting.

Yes I believe that a lot of the issues that us WOHMs have would fall into other categories; but it's not the same when someone that is also a WOHM answers your questions as opposed to someone that doesn't really know first hand what you're going tru, kwim?

I like the idea
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivete View Post
Phew. Looks like this got moved to the right place ...

And as far as things falling into other forums/issues ... maybe, maybe not. I guess I can start posting but don't know that SAHM/WAHMs deal with childcare issues, how the h#ll to get dinner on the table reasonably when you are gone from home to teach classes three or more days a week, when do you get laundry done, etc. I *know* some of the answers, just looking for a sounding board so to speak. I know SAHM/WAHMs deal with some of the same issues ... but not always (in a past life I *was* a SAHM - at least mostly.)

Maybe what I'm looking for isn't to be found on DS -- just thought since this is now a "parenting community" in addition to cloth diapering related stuff, I'd see if we can't get a sub-forum.

I'm not looking to advertise, but more of a place to hang with moms dealing with similar issues that come with working outside of the home.

ETA: I don't see this as a sub-forum in the WAHM thread -- that's more of a market place for buying/selling. Nothing to sell here. Looking for support/information mostly.
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.

Last edited by frogandtoad; 04-02-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, so I'm still thinking about what I'm asking for -- basically a "working" moms forum - but saying other moms don't "work" is like, well, saying mothering is not valued. Personally, I think parenting is one of the hardest things we'll all do. Just looking for a spin-off, sheesh, we have the "Thrifty Families", the "Breastfeeding" forum, and others. Why not a "working" moms forum? Not to exclude anyone ... everyone would be welcome to post of course.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand what you're asking for. I work, and have seen people ask work related questions before, like about childcare or something, and had people respond by prefacing their statements with, "well, I'm a sahm, and can't imagine even trusting someone enought o care for my dc, but if you have to, you could..." and it's really been a kind of veiled attack on wohms.

I think if there's a military family subforum, then a wohm subforum is not asking too much. It doesn't imply that sahm's don't work, just that wohm's work differently and deal with different issues, and it can be beneficial to get input from others in our shoes, rather than having our posts buried by a zillion other threads before another wohm has a chance to see it and respond.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like a great request I will pass it along
Old 04-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
lotus24
Registered Users
seller

I think this would be great. I am for the first time dealing with how to find a good daycare and would love to be able to pick the brains of other WOHMs.
lotus24 is offline   Reply With Quote