Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #21
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Attn: MODS -- any way to get a WOHM forum/sub-forum??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
I think it's a good idea. I used to post on another board, and they had a forum set up for Mom's that workd out of the home called The Water Cooler. I thought that was a fun name.
That's a really cute name

Advertisement

There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it is a great idea.. Just another family choice: i.e. military families, green families, breastfeeding families, bottle feeding families, thrifty families.. why would a work outside the home mama family be any different than the other subforums? all people can post in all the forums, anyhow- no reason to be exclusive. for example, even if you aren't green or don't cook much, you are still allowed to post in the green family forum or in the kitchen.. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #23
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
I am bumping this as there are lots of new forums/subforums being added. I don't see why having a "Working Parents" chat forum/subforum is any different than having a "Daddy Forum" and all the splits in diaper chatter, etc. ... trying not to get all "emotional" but I think loads of mamas come here to "chat" and not every thing has to be "diaper" related. I may be off, but I'm just trying to get an idea of why all the splitting, yet this particular idea is not being considered seriously.
Also, how do you know it's not being considered seriously? Creating new forums and subforums take some time and tech staff, so just because you don't see it yet doesn't mean it's not being considered. I mean, look how long we were all asking for Chatter to be split and that just finally happened! Just keep asking-we're listening!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #24
FuturePenelope
Registered Users
Formerly: feathermeat
seller

My Mood:

This is a cool idea. I am new to DS, so I don't want to go making demands or anything but as an first-time mama who will have to go back to work at 3 months, I could really use a place to connect with other WOHMs. There's definitely a whole set of unique issues that come up with working outside the home...like how to convince your DCP to use cloth!
FuturePenelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #25
wildeyes
Tummy Kisses Diapers
seller

My Mood:

just another vote for i think its a great idea. there are so many aspects of my life that i feel a sahm just doesnt have to deal with, like how to schedule a parent teacher conference when you're at work. taking time off for sick kids, the endless childcare issues. sahm's just dont have to deal with those, not on a regular basis anyway.
Officially ERF!!!
wildeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #26
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermeat View Post
This is a cool idea. I am new to DS, so I don't want to go making demands or anything but as an first-time mama who will have to go back to work at 3 months, I could really use a place to connect with other WOHMs. There's definitely a whole set of unique issues that come up with working outside the home...like how to convince your DCP to use cloth!
mm.....feather meat, yum
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #27
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeyes View Post
just another vote for i think its a great idea. there are so many aspects of my life that i feel a sahm just doesnt have to deal with, like how to schedule a parent teacher conference when you're at work. taking time off for sick kids, the endless childcare issues. sahm's just dont have to deal with those, not on a regular basis anyway.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for more responses.

And, uh, THANK YOU Admin for considering this. I know there is lots going on right now with creating new forums. I really appreciate you're taking time to consider this.
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #29
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...play.php?f=168

Subforum in off topic now for WOHMs
Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #30
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay! Thank you!
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote