Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #51
jma9075
Registered Users
seller

Re: Vancouver Area moms?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLHendricks View Post
I am here in Vancouver--at UBC. I got on this site b/c I am trying to find some affordable pocket diapers. I bought some BG's 3.0 and a couple of FB's medium online in the states b/c they were so much cheaper there. Makes me upset that we have to pay like $5 more per diaper here! We had the ones from the US sent to a PO box in Bellingham, WA, and we picked them up on a trip down to visit family. Since we were gone for a week, we could include them in our tax-free amount! Yay!

But now I realize I like the FB's better than the BG's, and I want to buy some more FBs. We aren't planning to go back to the States any time soon. So I'm looking for some affordable FBs in medium size. Will trade BG's 3.0 in baby blue color (I have 6 of these, with cotton babies inserts).

Any ideas on where to buy reasonably-priced diapers in this area?

Christina
Hey Christina,

We live in Tsawwassen and keep a PO Box in Point Roberts. I order almost everything to there. I rarely have to pay duty when I cross the border and declare the items. We used to have one in Blaine but that is too far away. Point Roberts might work better for you too. Anyways, shipping within the US is so much cheaper and you don't get stuck with those nasty brokerage fees by having them sent directly to Canada. If you are interested in the company PM me. You can set up your account online then just show ID when you go to pick up your stuff. The fee is usually $3 a package.

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #52
msaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLHendricks View Post
I am here in Vancouver--at UBC. I got on this site b/c I am trying to find some affordable pocket diapers. I bought some BG's 3.0 and a couple of FB's medium online in the states b/c they were so much cheaper there. Makes me upset that we have to pay like $5 more per diaper here! We had the ones from the US sent to a PO box in Bellingham, WA, and we picked them up on a trip down to visit family. Since we were gone for a week, we could include them in our tax-free amount! Yay!

But now I realize I like the FB's better than the BG's, and I want to buy some more FBs. We aren't planning to go back to the States any time soon. So I'm looking for some affordable FBs in medium size. Will trade BG's 3.0 in baby blue color (I have 6 of these, with cotton babies inserts).

Any ideas on where to buy reasonably-priced diapers in this area?

Christina
Hi Christina,

The only local place to buy that I'm aware of is new and green baby. They're selling FB at $22.99 each and there's free shipping if you enter code fuzzibunzfreeship for purchases of 12 up until Dec 31st. For a better deal, I can see that cozybums.ca are selling these at $21.50 for qty 1-11 and then $19.55 for qty 12+ plus they offer free shipping for purchases of $100 or more. Might be worthwhile just to search around Cdn websites to see if you can find a better deal if you want to purchase new. Otherwise, FSOT forum have a lot of used ones for sale that you can check out. Also saw some on local craigslist the other day for $12 if they're still there.
msaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #53
BOUNCINGBABIES
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm here too! I am in Surrey and I own Bouncing Babies. My FB sale was supposed to end Dec 31, but I have extended it until Monday Jan 5. Brand new FB $18. I am out of stock of mediums, but have more on the way. I am accepting preorders at my sale price. Contact me if you are interested.

On the non-business side of things, I am Catherine. CD'ing (obviously), co-sleeping, BF, WAHM/WOHM, RN and Foster mom and Mom to DS #1 (Jun 05) and DS #2(Nov 07).

I didn't realize this part of DS existed. I thought it was mostly people based in the US. Happy to be here.

For the eco friendly parent
Bouncing Babies.ca
Your local source for cloth diapers
BOUNCINGBABIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #54
Komatsu
Registered Users

I'm in New Westminster .
Komatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #55
MoMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Langley!

I just moved here in December. We lived in Squamish for the past 3 1/2 years...
MoMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:13 AM   #56
megan_linford
Registered Users

Mission, new to all this . . .
megan_linford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #57
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_linford View Post
Mission, new to all this . . .
Hello neighbour! I'm in Mission as well.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #58
Munchkin
Registered Users

Hi mamas, an East Vancouver girl checking in!
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #59
selmada
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm in the West End of Vancouver - 21weeks pregnant with twin boys. Single mom by choice - these will be number 1 and 2.
selmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #60
amelia222
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerMommy View Post
Hello neighbour! I'm in Mission as well.
I'm from Mission too!!!
amelia222 is offline   Reply With Quote