Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Sweetpea985
Registered Users

My Mood:
fresh milk and eggs

where do i get these? i live in front royal va and i know there are cows and chickens around... but i cant seem to find these things

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
mamak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: fresh milk and eggs

I live very far away but. Around here people sell eggs at the feed stores. I have also seen them posted on Craigslist. For milk it depends on the laws in your state. Here you can only get raw milk from the farmer or friends as it is not yet legal to buy and sell raw milk. So if you see a farm stop in or ask at the local feed store.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
ustasmom
Registered Users
seller

Fresh eggs are easy to find. I pay $2 a dozen. My local store has fresh double-yolks for $2.00 for 15 eggs.

You would need to own shares in a cow to get raw milk. There are a couple of farms in the area. We just bought some shares ourselves.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
val01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.eatwild.com/products/virginia.html

This is a list for VA - not sure where Royal is - but I am in Norfolk and have two local farmers that I buy eggs from. HTH,

Valerie
val01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Smile Re: fresh milk and eggs

I'd suggest checking your phone listings and/or doing a Google search for milk delivery. At least here in central Pennsylvania, there are several businesses that deliver organic dairy products and eggs. Plus we're lucky enough to have a great dairy right in town that uses recyclable glass bottles and doesn't inject their cows.

There might also be a good cooperative farm grocer near you where you could get local products.

Ask around!

Best,

Heather
mcbruhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
EireItalia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you contacted your local Weston A Price foundation chapter leader? She will have sources for you. I live near you and we get raw milk and free range eggs, as well as grass fed beef.

I blog about emergency preparedness and home food storage on my Survival Blog. I buy Thrive foods for my own family -- PM me with any questions.
EireItalia is offline   Reply With Quote