Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #31
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

Re: April WW! Stop dieting start living!

You ladies are doing great!! I got super wrapped up in school for most of March. DS and WW pretty much got left behind. I've been going to my meetings, not really weighing in (our meetings are so packed that I can get away with it- at me!!), and eating whatever I can all day long. But this last week has been really good. I finally decided that there was no point in eating like I have been. No one else cares as much as I do and stuffing my face isn't helping me get to where I want to be. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so we'll see where I'm at after my DIY attempt. I've been adding exercise back in because when I look through my journal, those are the weeks that I have big losses (DUH!!!) and since those are the results I want it's time to start working for it! Sorry for the essay/rambles.

Advertisement

Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #32
patty_o_furniture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Highest not-pregnant-- 205
Start-- 189

Week14-- 165.5
Week 15-- 165

Loss-- .5
Total loss-- 24
Final: 150

Been losing a half a pound a week for almost two months now. Guess it's better than nothing! I've still exceeded my first goal of losing 20 pounds!
patty_o_furniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:47 AM   #33
labrae
Registered Users

My Mood:

What else do I need to know to do WW? I'm interested in that Wendie plan, as my metabolism is apparently completely shot after several years of yo-yo dieting. I used to be able to do 1200 calories a day and lose 2lbs a week like clockwork. Last time I dieted, before I was pregnant, cutting calories did nothing, and I did Medifast (worked great ). I'm bfing, and can't afford Medifast anyway, so I'm thinking WW Flex. I tried it before, when I could still lose weight easily, and it seems like a good program, although I'm nervous about trying to figure points again. I don't go out to eat like I used to, since I became a vegetarian (and it turns out dd is allergic to dairy, so now that's out too), so I'm not sure how easy it will be to figure points for an actual recipe??
Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #34
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Girls, I need some help. I am really frustrated and totally confused as to why this is happening.

(back story I lost 65 pounds on WW then gained 50 from pregnancy lost 20 immediately need to lose the other 30)

So I started back at WW when I was 5 weeks pp. I started at 186. I have been stuck at 180 for oh, about 3 weeks now...since Easter, when was that? What? Almost 4 weeks. Well, last week I finally lost a pound to go to 179. I was so relieved to finally be losing again. Guess what? I started losing more...during the week I lost another half pound (178.6). I just weighed myself today though and I am 180.6. WTF??? I have not cheated at all. Ate exactly according to plan. Maybe had a couple of points left a day or two but nothing major. Did not eat my weekly allowance because that just doesn't work for me. So, how can this be? Am I defying the laws of math??? Calories in - calories out. I have been running and doing a high cardio video. And I GAIN 2 pounds? And no, its not muscle. LOL

WHY won't this come off? I thought I had not lost any weight for those weeks because I was trying the wendie plan. So I stopped wendie and just went back to what I know (knew?) works for me and nothing is happening.

I am so upset. I am thinking about seeing a nutritionist but really I know how to lose weight....use more calories than you consume, got it. But somehow its not working. Does anyone have any suggestions at all? BTDT advice?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #35
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybutterflymama View Post
Girls, I need some help. I am really frustrated and totally confused as to why this is happening.

(back story I lost 65 pounds on WW then gained 50 from pregnancy lost 20 immediately need to lose the other 30)

So I started back at WW when I was 5 weeks pp. I started at 186. I have been stuck at 180 for oh, about 3 weeks now...since Easter, when was that? What? Almost 4 weeks. Well, last week I finally lost a pound to go to 179. I was so relieved to finally be losing again. Guess what? I started losing more...during the week I lost another half pound (178.6). I just weighed myself today though and I am 180.6. WTF??? I have not cheated at all. Ate exactly according to plan. Maybe had a couple of points left a day or two but nothing major. Did not eat my weekly allowance because that just doesn't work for me. So, how can this be? Am I defying the laws of math??? Calories in - calories out. I have been running and doing a high cardio video. And I GAIN 2 pounds? And no, its not muscle. LOL

WHY won't this come off? I thought I had not lost any weight for those weeks because I was trying the wendie plan. So I stopped wendie and just went back to what I know (knew?) works for me and nothing is happening.

I am so upset. I am thinking about seeing a nutritionist but really I know how to lose weight....use more calories than you consume, got it. But somehow its not working. Does anyone have any suggestions at all? BTDT advice?
Losing weight is not the basic math that you want it to be, it's not just calories in- calories out, you also have to have your body running efficiently, not thinking that it's going to starve. If you're eating at points or UNDER everyday AND doing intense exercise, you probably aren't eating enough....

Take a challenge.... follow the Wendie Plan for ONE WEEK.... if it doesn't work, go back to what you've been doing.... if it does, yeah!

I think you'll find that eating more will help you lose! Even if it doesn't make sense.

Are you BFing?
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
mrsallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #36
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Um, yeah, I followed it (wendie) for 2 weeks and I did not lose a pound.

Not doing crazy exercise just normal good ol cardio. And I am eating all my points with the exception of maybe one or two days where I had a point or 2 left. Nothing major.

Yes I am bfing. (have been for 4 years straight actually LOL)
Old 04-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #37
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmmm... and I'm assuming you're eating all your BFing points....

You're right on the edge of changing points with the drop below 180.... maybe try eating the one point less and see if that does it? (it shouldn't, 5 points shouldn't have you at a complete standstill)

What do you usually eat in a day? Maybe it would help to mix up your ratio of carbs/protein/fat?
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
mrsallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #38
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsallen View Post
hmmm... and I'm assuming you're eating all your BFing points....

You're right on the edge of changing points with the drop below 180.... maybe try eating the one point less and see if that does it? (it shouldn't, 5 points shouldn't have you at a complete standstill)

What do you usually eat in a day? Maybe it would help to mix up your ratio of carbs/protein/fat?
Here is my day, I eat the same stuff every day:

Breakfast: 3pts
1/2 cup oatmeal with sprinkled cinn. on top OR some days I will have one egg and 2 pieces of toast...still 3 pts
Decaff coffee with coffeemate and splenda

Lunch:7pts
a PB wrap (1 T of PB and 1pt wrap) with a banana 5/salad 0
pretzels 2
OR
lunch meat sandwich/salad/pretzels

Snacks:
100 calorie something 2pts

12 almonds and 1/4 cup of raisins 4pts

apple 1 pt

Dinner:
Always 6-8 pts of something

Snack:
WW double fudge cake 4pts

plain popcorn 2pts

That's 32 points. So then I struggle to find something to eat to take the extra 2...sometimes I will get a 1pt snack other times I don't eat all the points.

Last edited by happybutterflymama; 04-15-2008 at 12:02 PM.
happybutterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #39
Bunny
seller

Always eat your points, especially when you are BFing! Are you doing salad dressing on your salads? If not, using an oil & vinegar dressing will add in just 1-2 pts depending on how much you use, and it will also take care of your "good" oils that you are supposed to get.

Try adding in a session with weights. Even 15 minutes will get you 1 activity point.

And your weight will fluctuate day-to-day. Was it a full week where you gained the 2 lbs? Are you drinking enough water? I have found that I actually gain weight when I don't drink my water. Did you have plateaus like this the last time you did WW?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #40
Bunny
seller

OK, here's my update from Saturday :

week: whatever
Last weigh in (middle of March): 132.2
this week: 132
Total lost: 55 lbs.
Total lost w/ WW: 5.6
To immediate goal: 4 lbs

I've proven to myself I can maintain my weight at about 132. Super. Ladies, please help me stay motivated!! I worked so hard to get to where I am and now no matter how much I want it in my head, I can't seem to show that in my actions.