Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #41
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Re: April WW! Stop dieting start living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlaelizabeth View Post
Always eat your points, especially when you are BFing! Are you doing salad dressing on your salads? If not, using an oil & vinegar dressing will add in just 1-2 pts depending on how much you use, and it will also take care of your "good" oils that you are supposed to get.

Try adding in a session with weights. Even 15 minutes will get you 1 activity point.

And your weight will fluctuate day-to-day. Was it a full week where you gained the 2 lbs? Are you drinking enough water? I have found that I actually gain weight when I don't drink my water. Did you have plateaus like this the last time you did WW?
No salad dressing most of the time. Sometimes I use that spray that is 5 calories for so many sprays. But adding in a dressing with good oils is a good idea!

I lost the pound for a week and then the next week, half way through weighed myself and lost a half a pound, then at weigh in I was back up to 180.6. So I lost one full pound for a full week and the other half pound for a half week. Clear as mud? LOL

I drink so much water. I drink 64oz a day plus whatever coffee and crystal light I treat myself with. But, I don't think I got the whole 64oz a day in lately of just water. Now that I think about it I bet I have had more crystal light than plain water. Think thats it?

I did have plateaus but only for a week and then it would start back up again. Towards the end of the weight loss they were for a few weeks at a time but I was nearly at goal so I wrote it off to that. Now I am 30 pounds from goal and should be losing. grumble grumble.

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #42
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

I would have no-loss or slight gain weeks when I added crystal light to half or more of my water. Same with diet soda. Which I know is okay to drink according to WW, but all those studies say it's really bad. So I'm back to plain old water and coffee in the mornings.

Have you tried doing Core? I'm a little scared to try it because I'm not sure if I can trust myself to stop when I'm full. But it might be worth it. I think some things about it are easier- you don't have to calculate anything.

ETA- I was thinking last night it might be good to shake up your foods. Your body will get used to anything after a while. Try adding avocado to your salad (good fats) or tree nuts if you don't have allergies.

Last edited by Bunny; 04-16-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #43
JustJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can I join? I'm going to my first meeting in 30 minutes. I'm ready to lose 15-20 lbs!

Update!: I went!
4/15/08
Starting weight: 149
10% goal: 14

I'm "officially" starting tomorrow as I need to grocery shop. The meeting wasn't bad, but I was the youngest/thinnest one there. I felt kind of wierd at first but everyone was super nice. I had my DS with me and everyone commented on how cute he was!

Last edited by JustJack; 04-15-2008 at 05:48 PM.
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #44
Bunny
seller

Welcome!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #45
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Week 16
Starting Weight: 218.8
Last Weeks Weight: 192.2
This Weeks Weight: 189.2
Loss/Gain: -3.0
Total Loss to Date: -29.2
10%: 196 (0.0! pounds remaining)
2nd 10%: 176.4 (12.8 pounds remaining)
Final Goal: 150
Height: 5'8"

Now the real trick ... KEEP GOING

Whahoo! The 180's! I never made it this low after Hayden! I am SO excited! I missed my 16 week goal of 30 pounds, but I'll take 29.2! I'll round up! I now have 15 pounds of "baby weight" to lose for each of my older kids... hehehe, it's definately time to lose the Bennett baby weight, but I'll go backward in chronological order, so I'm now chugging through the Hayden weight!
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
mrsallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #46
Bunny
seller

That's great!! Congrats on the loss!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #47
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlaelizabeth View Post
I would have no-loss or slight gain weeks when I added crystal light to half or more of my water. Same with diet soda. Which I know is okay to drink according to WW, but all those studies say it's really bad. So I'm back to plain old water and coffee in the mornings.

Have you tried doing Core? I'm a little scared to try it because I'm not sure if I can trust myself to stop when I'm full. But it might be worth it. I think some things about it are easier- you don't have to calculate anything.

ETA- I was thinking last night it might be good to shake up your foods. Your body will get used to anything after a while. Try adding avocado to your salad (good fats) or tree nuts if you don't have allergies.
I stopped the crystal light and was back to the lower weight within 36 hours. hmmm.

I am scared to try Core as well! I am addicted to food and am not sure I could trust myself just yet...maybe when I am closer to goal.

Thanks for the shaking up my foods advice! I had forgotten about that so THANK YOU! I am switching it up and trying to get this weight gone.

Anyone had to have their gallbladder removed after losing a lot of weight? I had to have mine removed last year. It was full and bulging and nearly bursting the surgeon said. Ew. Anyway, its sad to think I was so dern fat that losing it all caused an organ to shut down. ROFL but not ya know?

And, BTW, let me just say here and now that it is NOT FAIR how men can just drop the weight. Dh stopped eating fast food for lunch every day in an attempt to lower his cholesterol and has dropped 23lbs since jan 19th. Don't get me wrong I am loving my new ripped dh but insanely jealous at the same time. I wanna be skinny too!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #48
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsallen View Post

Week 16
Starting Weight: 218.8
Last Weeks Weight: 192.2
This Weeks Weight: 189.2
Loss/Gain: -3.0
Total Loss to Date: -29.2
10%: 196 (0.0! pounds remaining)
2nd 10%: 176.4 (12.8 pounds remaining)
Final Goal: 150
Height: 5'8"

Now the real trick ... KEEP GOING

Whahoo! The 180's! I never made it this low after Hayden! I am SO excited! I missed my 16 week goal of 30 pounds, but I'll take 29.2! I'll round up! I now have 15 pounds of "baby weight" to lose for each of my older kids... hehehe, it's definately time to lose the Bennett baby weight, but I'll go backward in chronological order, so I'm now chugging through the Hayden weight!
WOOHOO! Congrats!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #49
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
Can I join? I'm going to my first meeting in 30 minutes. I'm ready to lose 15-20 lbs!

Update!: I went!
4/15/08
Starting weight: 149
10% goal: 14

I'm "officially" starting tomorrow as I need to grocery shop. The meeting wasn't bad, but I was the youngest/thinnest one there. I felt kind of wierd at first but everyone was super nice. I had my DS with me and everyone commented on how cute he was!
Welcome!
Old 04-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #50
Bunny
seller

Week 16
today: 131
last week: 132
difference: -1
total lost: 56
lost w/ WW: 6.6
to immediate goal: 3

It was a good week! I was hoping for more (of course) but I am definitely happy with that. I'm making the switch to Core for the week. I need to shake things up and everyone I've talked to says Core is the way to do it. I'm also running again. I'm going every other day with a friend. We'll be doing between 9-12 miles every week. It feels so nice to have my motivation back!