Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #61
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: April WW! Stop dieting start living!

Is it too late to join??????

A brief intro: I am 5'7" and 22 years old. Pre-Christmas/wedding 2006 I weighed 161. Pre-pregnancy (#1 and only) in March 2007 I weighed 166.5. Full term I weighed around 215-220. A week post-partum I was back down to around 188 (30 pounds in a week!!!). I currently weigh 170, I have been on a plateau for a month. DD is 4.5 months old and still EBF. I am not doing WW for $$ mostly, but I still like to be aware of the points values of what i eat, so I look them up from time to time. My major problem is lack of physical activity and a carbs/sweets addiction, along with emotional eating. We rarely eat out and I drink water exclusively. I push fruits, veggies, and whole grains, which has worked great until recently (emotional eating again). My first goal is my pre-preg weight (I am so close!) and I've taken away chocolate until I get there. My ultimate goal is 145-150. I weigh in on Tuesdays. Here are the stats:

Starting weight (preg): 218
Current weight April 22: 170
Total loss: 48
Goal #1: 166.5
Pounds to go: 3.5
Goal #2: 145-150
Pounds to go: 20-25

Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #62
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
I love you. I am hungry and you just gave me permission to eat

I though I *might* be entitled to 3 or 4 more points, and in reality have been using 22-27 points a day (though I have been doing this less than a week). I am so happy I can have a little more- I was wondering how people stick to it, cause I am STARVING

SO, tell me if this is right:

BFing Mom = 12
152 lbs = 15 (but when I get to 142, I drop back to 14?)
Height = 1
Acitivty level = 2
Age (27) = 3

Total = 33 ??????? PLUS I get 35 flex points a week? Seriously?
Yes! EAT! 33 points PLUS the 35... don't not eat the 35! Eat every point coming to you when you're nursing! And make sure you're drinking ALOT... it helps you lose weight and it ensures that you have enough milk for your little one! If you search this thread for the Wendie Plan you'll find a great way to use your flex points with a plan....

Go eat Momma!
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
mrsallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #63
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
I love you. I am hungry and you just gave me permission to eat

I though I *might* be entitled to 3 or 4 more points, and in reality have been using 22-27 points a day (though I have been doing this less than a week). I am so happy I can have a little more- I was wondering how people stick to it, cause I am STARVING

SO, tell me if this is right:

BFing Mom = 12
152 lbs = 15 (but when I get to 142, I drop back to 14?)
Height = 1
Acitivty level = 2
Age (27) = 3

Total = 33 ??????? PLUS I get 35 flex points a week? Seriously?
Drop it to 14 pts. when you hit 149. It's based on the first 2 digits of your 3 digit weight.

Welcome edens_mom

Last edited by Bunny; 04-28-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #64
JustJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmmm....I'm BFing too (but not totally EBFing as DS eats some solids, he's 10months) and I have been doing 30 points per day and only using the 35 if I need them.
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #65
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay i know there are only 2 days left in April but if i do not commit today i will come up with yet another excuse and find myself pudgy once again at the end of the year and i am TIRED of it! I know nothing about WW.... i just figure if i eat fewer calories than i burn i will lose weight. I would love to join WW but can't right now for $$$ sake.... so here's to writing for the world to see how horrible my pudge has become and to committing to being a hot sexy momma for my 5th Anniversary coming up in August.

So here are the stats:
I am 5'8" tall
Current weight: i believe i weigh around 198 (that's what i weighed at my 6 wk post partum 10 days ago)
Goal #1 175 (by August)
to reach this i must lose 1.6lbs per week on average
Goal #2 155 (by Dec)
just over 1 lb per week....

I know if i have to "Weigh in" here every Monday that will help me stick to it! Here's to pounds being lost....

Okay wait, now having read all the threads i am supposed to eat 36 points per day??? OMG.... is this right?

12 for EBF
4 for my age (25)
19 for my current weight (198)
1 for my height (5'8")

36 right? So what should my weekly points look like on the wendie plan? Like the following.....

Day 1 - 36 points
Day 2 - 41 points
Day 3 - 37 points
Day 4 - 51 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 36 points
Day 6 - 40 points
Day 7 - 38 points

This surely cannot be right to lose weight.....

Last edited by Mags462; 04-28-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Mags462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #66
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

Give it a try, mama. Personally, I rarely eat the 35 extra points, but I'm not BFing, either. The WW idea is to try it for a week. If it doesn't work, try something new. Good luck & welcome!
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #67
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maggie, that is exactly what I eat (or did, I just moved to the 180s) and I have lost 30 pounds since Christmas.... an average of just under 2 pounds a week.... really, you CAN eat that much food and lose weight.... it seems like a TON for a diet.... but you wouldn't be here if you didn't like to eat Give it a try for a couple weeks.... you WILL lose weight!
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #68
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh i am so excited... so far today 22 points..... 14 to go, but i do most of my eating in the morning to midday before kid naps, so i think this is good. But i have a question - how on earth do you figure out points for stuff you make at home.... for instance what would a chocolate chip cookie be? lasagna? a slice of pizza? surely there is a simply way to figure this out.... or do i just only eat a small portion and just call it good? Enlighten me ladies....
Old 04-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #69
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
Oh i am so excited... so far today 22 points..... 14 to go, but i do most of my eating in the morning to midday before kid naps, so i think this is good. But i have a question - how on earth do you figure out points for stuff you make at home.... for instance what would a chocolate chip cookie be? lasagna? a slice of pizza? surely there is a simply way to figure this out.... or do i just only eat a small portion and just call it good? Enlighten me ladies....
You can do the recipe builder to figure out points from home recipes. Pizza is usually at least 7pts a slice, lasagna 8-10pts, a cookie really depends on the recipe, anywhere from 3-8+pts.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #70
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maggie,

I use www.fitday.com to figure out points for homemade things..... I enter all ingredients and then divide cals/fats/fiber to figure points per serving.... this is a great thing for foods you cook frequently.
& 1 DD Hayden (4)