Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Strep B

I had my dr appointment this am, found out I am positive for it. I didnt have it with my DD at all. I read online that it can cause some serious issues and worried now. The dr and nurse both told me that its ok they would just give me an antibiotic in IV before she is born. She just said to make it to the hospital BEFORE my water breaks so they have enough time to get the IV set in and such. Has anyone had this before?

I am almost 38 wks and they did an u/s to see how she is. She is measuring a few days bigger right now 6lbs 6 ozs. He said that if I go to the due date she would be around 8lbs. Which is weird since my DD was only 5lbs 11ozs. They wont let me go past my due date due to the step B and my diabetes so I will be induced my due date if she doesnt come.

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Strep B

I am pregnant with my 4th and GBS positive for the 3rd time. With the first 2 my water broke before I could get to the hospital and they just hooked me up to the IV and started antibiotics as soon as I got there. Yes GBS can be a scary thing but you can actually test positive for it 1 day and test negative the next, its just something that is always in your body at a certain point.
All of my kiddos are fine and I'm not worried about it this time either, if you don't make it to the hospital before you can get antibiotics they will probably just keep an eye on the baby and look for signs or symptoms and give her medicine should she need it.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks hun, I posted this in the pregnancy too someone said the same thing about how it can be there 1 day and not the next. Which I wasnt told this when I talked to them about it. My best friend had it with all 3 of her pregnancies and all came out ok. Its just weird hearing you have it and then what they want me to do. I was so worried getting there before my water broke but someone else said that she didnt make it before her water broke and all was ok. I would like to labor at home as much as I can.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 07-19-2011 at 09:15 PM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
Bright_Life_Toys
Registered Users
Formerly: Jwugrad
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never had it. Everything will go just fine, Mama!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

If your worried there are some natural remedies. I tested post w/ DS1 then neg w/ ds2 and my MW told me that even if I test post w/ this LO that my HB would be fine that we would do some things to treat it naturally.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A girl pm me all the natural ways so I am looking into that! Thanks so much mamas!