Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Registered Users
Food with Skins

Does anyone else have a dc who won't eat skins?
DS is 12 mos, and will only eat foods that he can feed himself. And he will not eat skins. He is amazingly good at getting everything he eats out of it's skin - he will eat pinto and kidney beans, and spit the skins back out, he can eat an entire apricot half and leave the skin in one or two big pieces (with all the fruit eaten). He will even eat zuchinni spears from the garden (which I think have super tender skins) and leave the skins behind, and asparagus he sucks the inside of the spear right out of the skin and stringy parts.
It's not really a big deal, I guess (although it can be a little messy, since he tucks all the skins under his leg in his high chair - lol)...just wondering if anyone else's dc has this habit.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
Re: Food with Skins

Eleanor would not eat apples and pears with skin for a long time. One day she insisted on having it with the skin. So, I guess they let you know when they're ready. Maybe he instinctively knows he doesn't need the extra fiber?
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Food with Skins

I don't think that is a big deal, a lot of kids go through that stage. I wouldn't stop giving him skins, but I wouldnt worry over it.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote