Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2016, 09:11 AM   #1
blossomhill
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Which bottles and pacies to use?

I'll be breast feeding but I would like to know which bottle/nipple systems are best for suppliment? I have a sample of Mam, my breast pump is Ameda. I was also looking at Muchkin Latch.

Advertisement

blossomhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
sprior
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which bottles and pacies to use?

We've had good success with Nuk pacies although we're using Dr. Browns with our third child, and I think I prefer them. If you see a pacie that glows in the dark, go for it, it comes in handy.

For bottles I like the evenflo glass because I like to avoid plastic for food/drink containers. I can't remember the name of our nipples... they're several months old, but we've been fine with the ordinary kind.

When my first was born in 2008 I rushed out and got two of the fancy "boob shaped" bottles and she hated them. $32 down the drain! I would suggest buy one of whichever you like best, and see how it goes. If baby takes it, you can stock up.
sprior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:27 AM   #3
blossomhill
Registered Users

My Mood:

I guess I can see how "boob shaped" bottles would possibly confuse the baby. My mom told me that my sis that it was hilarious (actually laughed out loud) when my mom tried to give her a bottle with breast milk. Mom said she would take breast milk from others in a bottle, just not her.
Thanks for the glow in the dark suggestion.
blossomhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I haven't used a bottle or binky since kid #2 (I have 4) but what we used back them were natural rubber pacifiers (I think we had both natursutten and ecopiggy). I always get rounded pacifiers. Here is what we had Natursutten BPA-Free Natural Rubber Pacifier, Rounded Small, 0-6 Months, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BY2LF0..._Syv6wbQZ0QG2P

And after trying MANY different bottles the only one he would take willingly was the Adiri. They worked out really well for us. They are plastic and silicone though, not glass.
Adiri NxGen Newborn Nurser Baby Bottle, White, 5.5 Ounce (Discontinued by Manufacturer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EXOW0O..._eBv6wb1S1BNM1

I used different bottles with #1 but she was not EBF and couldn't care less about what bottle because she was used to them. #2 was EBF and when it came time to introduce the bottle (for the sitter, I was in college) he was NOT happy and very particular
Old 03-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used NUK pacis for my EBFed son and he liked them well. He wasn't picky about bottles, and we didn't give him EBM that often, but when we did, it was out of a Lifefactory glass bottle, or if out and about, an Organic Kidz stainless-steel bottle.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:26 PM   #6
JoyRenee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used Avent with breast-like nipples with my bottlefed babies (my two eldest). They only leak if you put the nipple in incorrectly (common complaint is that they leak and that's why I mention it). Pacifiers varied from baby to baby. Mams were a favorite.
JoyRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #7
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My last two only took the Soothies pacifiers. http://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/SCF19...othie-pacifier
We try offering Harley other pacifiers but she won't take them.

For bottles we use Playtex nursers with Harley. It feels like maybe the nipple is too big for her mouth, but that may have something to do with her bubble palate than the nipple. I want to try the the BreastLike and/or Naturalatch nipples.
http://www.playtexbaby.com/products/...rop-ins-liners
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:54 AM   #8
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's how Harley is too. She doesn't usually take a bottle from me well, she wants the BOOB if I'm the one feeding her. She does great taking the bottle from Daddy though. That's pretty common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomhill View Post
I guess I can see how "boob shaped" bottles would possibly confuse the baby. My mom told me that my sis that it was hilarious (actually laughed out loud) when my mom tried to give her a bottle with breast milk. Mom said she would take breast milk from others in a bottle, just not her.
Thanks for the glow in the dark suggestion.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #9
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mam paci's are the only ones my little ones would take.
My first liked first years bottles, however, my current little has refused a bottle and hasn't liked anything we have tried.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #10
tanya.port
Registered Users

My second was absolutely stubborn when it came to the bottle! Still is on some days. The only brand he will take is ADIRI. I tried everything else that's out there and that's the only one lol.
tanya.port is offline   Reply With Quote