Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #61
lovingcloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Extended breastfeeding and the benefits

thanks for the encouragement ...i am currently nursing my 17 month old son...he loves his "nana's" and still nurses 6-8 times a day. my goal is 2 years and as long after as he wants to. it is nice to know that there are other mothers that share my views and are doing or have done what i am. it is definitely the best start we can give our little ones.

Advertisement

lovingcloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #62
sarahlmartin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is a very interesting article-thanks for posting. I am breastfeeding our 7 week old and I am still trying to decide where I land. Reading a positive article has helped me. thanks!
sarahlmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #63
March2009Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow that is great info! Thanks
March2009Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #64
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

HI BFing mama's. I have a 4 month old and my sis has a 21 mo old. My DH thinks that it is crazy that she is still breast feeding the 21 mo old. I see her nursing JoJo and have no qwarl with it. He on the other hand thinks that it is too long. I had considered beginning to wean after Trey is 1 years old but now am rethinking this after seeing the benifits of EBF. OK ladies now to my question. How do I get my DH to accept EBF? He is still having a hard time accepting the cloth diapers.

(I have a funny story to add about the disadvantages to disposable diapers. Last night my DH put Trey in a disposable. By 1:50 am he had moved so much that the diaper had fallen off in his sleep. The last time that my DH put him in a disposable I was soaked by morning. This has never happened with cloth.)
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #65
mom2bsk
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kudos to all ebf mamas! I am still bf my 25m old DD. She calls it 'mommy milk' and even asks for it politely - "Mommy milk please". We mostly nurse morning, nap, and night, with an occasional in-between. DH was shocked when our pediatrician encouraged nursing until 2yr (this was way back at the first or second visit after her birth), but we have just sort of grown into it. Extended family doesn't really know since we don't nurse all the time. I am sure they would think it was too long or weird or something. But we as parents are ultimately responsible for our children, not other family members or friends or strangers; so I say, to each his own! I want to give a to every mama who bf her child for any length of time.
mom2bsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #66
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this thread!! Woohoo to all you extended BF'ing mamas!! I'm still nursing my 3.5 year old and my 17 month old, will likely be nursing 3 once the baby comes in March.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #67
iamhis0
Registered Users
seller

Great stuff! I am currently tandem nursing my 3 year old and my 8 month old, I cannot see either of them stopping anytime soon. It's great to see other extended nursing mothers and see this kind of encouragement when I really don't get much of it in real life, besides my hubby.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #68
mamablitz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: Extended breastfeeding and the benefits

hey great informative article. and so touching about very lo, very sweet.
mamablitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #69
lybx1433
Registered Users

Thank you for your sharing this nice post, the things may be useful to us.
Thanks mama
lybx1433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #70
dragensong
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you for the wonderful reminder. My oldest now 9yrs was weaned at 10 mos b/c i was preg and high risk. My 2nd who is almost 8 was weaned at 7 mos (though nursed for bed till 9 mos) b/c i had no support and was chasing a toddler... bottles were easier as soon as she could hold herself (i know... bad mama). My youngest will be 3 April and still nurses semi-on-demand. Hubby was ok with and even proud of me for continuing to her 2nd b-day (especially b/c she was a preemie). Now he says I should start weaning her and have her off by 3yrs or cut her cold turkey at 3.

Cold turkey seems cruel to me, and While I wouldn't mind finding a way to get her to cut back (she wants to nurse every time i sit down), I'm not quite ready to "make" her stop. She is the last one we'll have. And she developing 3 times as fast as her siblings did. There is not much left about her that is little. According to the Dr she has the vocab and articulation of a 5 - 6 yo, her gross and fine motor skills are advanced. Her breastfeeding habits (and emotional needs/outbursts) are the only things that are really "2".

maybe its just me, but there are still days when she having a bad day and she needs (or maybe just wants) to nurse, and how can i say to that when i dont know of anything else that works. The only time i really get aggravated about breastfeeding is when she is to wound up to sit still long enough to nurse at bedtime. it is the ONLY way she'll fall asleep for me. I'm the only one that puts the kids to bed. So I cant figure out what difference it makes.

Sorry not sure if this is the right thread to post this on, I intended on a thank you and ended up venting. If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.
dragensong is offline   Reply With Quote