Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #71
stuartsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Extended breastfeeding and the benefits

I love this! I am still nursing my 12 month old DS ~ he had his first taste of cow's milk today and did fine with it. I have foregone the pump but am nursing him in the AM, he has cow's milk for lunch now, and I nurse him in the evenings. THIS IS A GOOD THING! I'm so tired of BFing naysayers, especially those WITHOUT children who try to tell me I'm "weird" for still BFing my only 12 month old son?! What the heck! Great job, mommas!!

Advertisement

stuartsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #72
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is very nice to read. My DD is only 4 los and my original plan was 1 year but I am just so in love with nursing I can totally see going much longer. I am scared of critisism from family and friends.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #73
mom2bsk
Registered Users

My Mood:

All of us EBF moms encourage you to keep going! There are so many positive reasons/benefits to continue BF at least 2 years. My DD is 2 1/2 and we are only nursing at night now so it is easier to "hide" from family and friends. It can be very uncomfortable when a non-supportive person figures out that we still have "mommy milk", but I have to just shrug it off and remember that they are not her parents and are not responsible for health and upbringing. Best wishes to you and your DD!
mom2bsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #74
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I'm so happy everyone found my post informational, and supportive. I wrote this so long ago when I was still nursing my dd. Now, I have a new baby!! I am breastfeeding him and plan to for a few years at least!

Oh, and what a suprise to see this as a sticky!!!!! Thanks!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #75
Indymomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I night nursed my dd until the night before her 4th b-day. Dh sat her down and told her big girls don't nurse and she was fine with that. DH was afraid that nursing a 3 yr old might be illegal. I took a lot of heat from dh's family for extended nursing, and they are allready asking how long I will nurse my 2 mo. old. Thanks, now I will show him this and nurse as long as my lo wants!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #76
Isabella's mom
Registered Users

Thank you, this gives me total confidence ! my isa is 6 months old and I have nursed since day one. She has been teething now for a while, but she is really biting me now. I am really starting to doubt if I can handle nursing while getting bit by actual teeth. After reading this I am determined to make it throught, for my isa. thanks again for the great info, will pass on to friends.
Isabella's Mom
Isabella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #77
Isabella's mom
Registered Users

Last edited by Isabella's mom; 07-21-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Isabella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #78
chella009
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awesome!! I nursed my son until 17.5months. He could have nursed longer but he started to put his hand down everyone's shirt when they held him I decided to call it quits. I would have gone longer, but him rubbing everyone's breasts wasn't going over to well for the receiver or me.
chella009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #79
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just want to keep this bumped!
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #80
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Love this!!! I am still nursing my 15 month old and still going strong. We call it "nummy milks" and she gets sooo excited when it's naptime. She always nurses to go to sleep (among other times of course), and she just flaps her hands and gets so animated. Then she grabs my breast like a bottle and squeezes it. I guess she's priming the pump! LOL!!! I haven't gotten a whole lot of flack for it yet. My family knows how I feel about nursing as this is my third one. My sister teases me for it though. And my grandma still doesn't get how I can nurse a child with teeth! LOL. My DH is fine with it, but I've heard him make comments on how his ex wife nursed til 5 and that is wayyy to long. Well, I've said a few times that 3ish would be my goal and he hasn't really said much. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Her pediatrician is great about it and at WIC I've mentioned that we don't need the whole milk cuz she is bfing. They think it's great, so I think I get plenty of support.