Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I love my MW

I had another appt. and everything went great. I wish I would have gone to her w/ DS1 and 2. I don't feel rushed and this pregnancy has been such a better experience overall. I took my boys w/ me this time and they had a blast playing w/ her DS's- they were so cute. When she was measuring me and doing the HB they all came running in to listen and watch.
When I laid down I could see a small lump to the left of my belly button and it was the baby's head! She showed my how I could feel it and how to find the rest of her body b/c she was laying just right. It was so neat to actually feel her. I always had aske my OB before these questions and he just kinda brushed them off

Advertisement

mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I love my MW

I just switched to a midwife too! She is so nice, much more relaxed and actually listened to me. I spent an hour with her at my first visit, which is more than the combined vists for my DS. She seems much more liberal too in terms of hospital stay and everything, I want to be discharged same day so I don't have to leave my son. :-)
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Awsome! I know I hated waiting an hour to see the OB for less than 15 mins.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love having a midwife too. Of course last time I did feel rushed but she is training a new assistant and I still got way more attention than I would with the OB.
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

My MW told me how the baby was positioned too. I thought that was cool. Even though I loved my OB it was nothing compared to my appt. with the MW!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
My MW told me how the baby was positioned too. I thought that was cool. Even though I loved my OB it was nothing compared to my appt. with the MW!
She how is your baby positioned? Mine is still head up and laying down to my right side.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
She how is your baby positioned? Mine is still head up and laying down to my right side.
VERY low, and deep - like his back to my back and horizontal. He better not get too comfy like that. LOL His head was by my belly button.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
VERY low, and deep - like his back to my back and horizontal. He better not get too comfy like that. LOL His head was by my belly button.
That would make for a very painful time. So do you feel most of your kicks to the side? She is dancing on my bladder
Old 04-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
That would make for a very painful time. So do you feel most of your kicks to the side? She is dancing on my bladder
He is actually a huge flipper, so he moves around A LOT. He's already moved. I think head down, still back facing mine. I think he thinks my cervix is a drum of some sort. Yeah, he HURTS me when he moves. DD never really HURT me. LOL I get frequent pokes, kicks, jabs, punches to the bladder as well.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
amberlina
Registered Users

My Mood:

I guess I got really lucky. This is my first baby and I got a really really good OB. Love him. He is relaxed and easy going and very nice. I never feel rushed and he always carries casual conversation and is always asking me alot of ques. and listens very intently to us about any manner of things, even that not related to the pregnancy. We never waited more than 10 mins to see him. If/ When i have more children I would want him again. I hope he is there to deliver bella (itll be either him or his female counterpart on call) he delivered my friends baby, though her Dr was the female, because he was on call. She would have liked her own doctor of course, but she had to have an emergency c-section and she said he was everything she could have asked for and more. She is in the middle of her 2nd pregnancy and is getting an insurance change ASAP so that she can go see him/or the other doctor.