Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing pads?

I have a question for you ladies!

Ok, I have bf both of my daughters for a short amount of time (4 months with my 3 year old, and 2 months with my 1 year old). I got some of the cotton nursing pads, but they STICK to me so badly! (with or without lanolish) I was wondering if there are any kinds of pads that don't stick and leave little fibers all over my nipples? I plan on making it work this next time. I went to work with a place I couldn't pump with my 3 year old, and was in serious pain with my 1 year old

IT WILL WORK THIS TIME! (that's my mantra!)

any ideas?

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing pads?

After the birth of my daughter we had a lot of latching problems. Her mouth was so tiny and my boob so big that she didn't get enough of the areola in her mouth and ended up blistering my left side. The nursing pads I made w/ organic velour tops were the softest on my tender skin. Microfleece would work great too. I highly recommend the boobie butter from earthmamaangelbaby.com. I smeared it all over and it wasn't sticky like the lansinoh I used with my son. Hope that helps!
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!
I know what you mean! Both my girls were born at 36wks, and their mouths were just too small, which ended up in a blood blister with my 1 year old that was ALMOST the size of my nipple. The Lac. consultant was in there, and was saying how wonderful her latch was, blah blah blah, and then BAM, when she came off, there was a horrendous blood blister! That's what pretty much did me in with her. it just wouldn't heal, it just didn't have time. The nurses (this happened when she was 1 day old) brought me tea bags and such, and it was just horrible. This time, the LC can just stay away...LOL (I had her eating pretty good on my own, and we were doing great until the LC showed up.....)

I had extensive LC visits with my 3 year old. We were in the Air Force at the time, so that is what really helped, she was at my house almost daily! LOL!

Anyway, Thanks for the advice about those. I just know that the cracks and blisters and such are just so horrendous!

Thanks
Old 09-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I used disposables for the first couple of months until my milk supply balanced out (I am a mega leaker!) and I loved Lansinoh pads. They have out an Ultra Soft pad now that you can rub lanolin on and then put the pad on your breast, or Evenflo makes one that is very similar called Elan that already have the Lanolin applied. These two arent the thinnest/most discreet pads ever, but I loved them when my breasts were tender and stuck to everything else!

Now that my supply has balanced out, I use hemp fleece pads (I think HH brand, I got 'em at Granola Babies) and they work great. The fuzzy side is turned in so they don't stick. And I also have an Ama'z Padz nursing pad set that is bamboo velour with windpro backing that I really wish I'd had sooner. I don't think the velour would've stuck so badly, and the windpro makes it somewhat waterproof/leakproof. HTH!
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote