Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 AM   #11
Kinga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone in 3rd trimester with a toddler?

I'm right there with you mama. My youngest DD is 2.5 as well, and while she isn 't any 'worse' then normal, I seem to be more senstive to her terrible two as well. Some days are better than others, so hang in there! I find it's really me sometimes, not her who needs to take a time out

Advertisement

Kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #12
ladyvno
Registered Users

Oh yes I am feeling you guys here. My DD will be 2 next week and has been in the terrible two's for over a month now. It is hard too because DH is gone on alot of military trainings. I get terribly impatient sometimes because it is only me taking care of her on top of working. Don't feel bad at all. We are all exhausted in the 3rd trimester and it is difficult to be patient when you're tired
ladyvno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #13
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm due in May and have a 2.5 year old, 6 year old, and 8 year old. Honestly, my 6 year old is the most "demanding" right now and I think it has to do with him being sort of in the middle and needing extra attention. My toddler isn't a "terror" at all, but bedtime is NOT easy with him anymore and it can take up to 2 hours to get him to fall asleep. I worry most about our sleeping situation since he likes to sleep right next to me, and the new baby will be next to me as well, so I will be sleeping in between them I guess, lol!

The further along I get the less patience I have with ANYTHING though...sigh...pregnancy makes me so hormonal!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
cay929
Registered Users
seller

I'm 35 wks and ds is 18 mo. I wish he would still take two naps. DH has been working ALL the time, so from the time DS gets up in the morning until the time he goes to sleep I am alone with him. Going outside is great, except that means I have to chase him all over the place (no fence)

I think I'm getting frustrated bc I'm just ready to be done. Like, I feel that if I just wasn't uncomfortable fat and unable to move, it wouldn't be so bad, kwim?? Somedays I think, what have we gotten ourselves into...and then I see a set of kids who are 3 and 18 mo. and they play so nicely together!! And I think that is why we did this!

IDK, it's hard to tell what we crazies are thinking this late in our pregnancies!
cay929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm almost 22 weeks and my kids already driving me crazy he turns 2.5 on april 29th..but then again my husband works 15-16hr days 6-7 days a week so I think that would drive anyone crazy.
Don't worry mama you are not alone!
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #16
wjallen05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 4 year old who thinks she knows everything, a 2 year old who has major middle-child syndrom, and a 1 year old who wants me to hold her 24/7 and God-forbid I ever sit down. My 2 and 1 year old fight ALL the time.
I have noticed that when I am pregnant, I get very aggetated very easily. I try to keep my cool with them, and sometimes I loose it. Oh yeah, and my husband works a rotational shift and for half of it, he works all night and sleeps all day. So it's lots of fun trying to keep them all quiet while he sleeps!
.Jamie. Wife to William & SAHM to: Taylor (7), Hayley (5), Hannah (4), William Jr (3); 5 hens, 4 goats, 3 dogs (2 Great Pyrenees & 1 Chihuahua), 3 hairless guinea pigs, 2 pet rats, 2 barn cats & 1 old horse.
www.hillwoodfarm.net
wjallen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #17
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

well, I have a 2~1/2 yr old and a 14month old...my life seems crazy right now, and to top it off my 7yr. old and almost 5yr. old have decided everything is a competition/arguement!!! And I mean EVERYTHING!!! So, between the baby getting into things, potty training a very active toddler and 2 bigger kids argueing back and forth over every-little-thing....I am feeling quite fatigued and impatient.....you are SO NO ALONE, but it'll get better!! Always does, mama!!! I honestly wouldn't know what to do w/out the maddening chaos that is my life!
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #18
ashley_1301
Registered Users
seller

God love all you understanding mamas!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #19
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Oh yeah! I have a 3 1/2 yr old and a 21 month old, and am due May 15th-I have absolutely NO patience right now, I can't sleep right now so I wake up super cranky and it goes down hill from there My dd was ok through her twos but she's been a total spitfire since she turned 3-if it wasn't for pre-school I think I would have lost my sanity right now I'm really hoping after my baby is born I will have more energy and will be able to take 'control' again-my kids know I'm a push over right now because I just don't have the energy to follow through with punishments (last time i tried carrying my dd to time out she kicked me in the stomach ) You are definately NOT alone! My 3 yr old is also is reverting back to 'baby', she definately is more clingy now, wants to sleep in her sisters crib, use high chair-I think she feels threatened by the upcoming baby. sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #20
craftmuffin
Registered Users

Me, too... I'm 34 weeks with a very precocious 20 month old. Josie is very verbal and curious -- which is both adorable AND awful! She seems to have a new obsession every week (crayons, bubbles, going outside, etc.) and is like a broken record demanding more and more of her favorite thing. Sigh. I love that she's so spunky, but I wish that she didn't feel the need to have me glued to her side nonstop.

We're also in a major Mommy-only clingy phase -- so even when DH is home and tries to help, Josie often won't cooperate. And we haven't even hit 2 years old officially yet!

Crafty stay-at-home mom to Josie (3), Amelia (2), and another little sister on the way (8/10/10)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** 40
craftmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote