Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Unhappy Anyone else have horrible vericose veins?

This is my third pregnancy and the vericose veins on my legs have gotten sooo bad! With my first and second pregnancies, I had a couple, as well as patches of those ugly spider veins, but this time my whole right leg is aweful-and from about mid calf down to my foot is pure black and blue (and its creeping into my foot now)-a mix between vericose and spider-so icky looking, my dh freaks out whenever he sees it They've also decided to head up too and i have really bad bulging in my um 'girl' area kwim? I'm so miserable! I'm due on may 15th so in the home stretch but am dreading shorts season this year because my legs are so nasty-anyone else have this wonderful problem? sara

Advertisement

myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have horrible vericose veins?

This is why I won't be wearing sandals this summer. It looks like someone has been beating the backs of my legs. These pictures don't really do the situation justice. The veins are really quite bumpy. I wear socks a lot just so I don't have to look at them!
Warning-pictures are not for the faint of heart!
Notice the blurry bruising looking area on my right calf. It's like that all over my legs.
You are not alone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg left ankle.JPG (31.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg right ankle.JPG (33.2 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't, but my mothr and her mother both have/had really bad varicose veins in their legs. My Mom's looked like a topographical salt map and had areas where they bulged out - she didn't wear shorts from the time she was pg with me until recently, when she had them fixed. My grandmother has the same, but I never actually saw hers. I was so scared when I got pg the first time, b/c my mom said that's when hers really got bad, but so far, so good for me. Has your dr said anything about them or ways to help with the discomfort? My mom had hers treated by having a series of treatments where they kinda zapped and killed the bad veins, since they weren't functional, anyway.

Sorry I can't be of more help - I just know my mom went through hell with hers and is so happy to have them fixed now.

Last edited by Katherine; 04-07-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Yes, I have a few, nothing too bad but more than I desire at 22 years old! I was pretty much in tears the other night showing DH and telling him how horrible I'm going to look after baby number 3, we're only working on #2.

Is there any way to stop them?! I never realized YOUNG women got them until I was pregnant with DS, but I forgot they'd probably get worse with following pregnancies! UGH!

And when I say "young" I was really thinking of us child baring women. I really thought that only grandma's had them you know!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I have them bad, and they are everywhere. From just above my toes clear up to my rear, and in the um, crotch area as well. I swear my left labia is at least double the size of the right because of them. I do know from experience that they will go down after birth, at least for me anyways. But the pretty colors will stick around. I'm supposed to be wearing Rx compression stockings but the stupid company hasn't gotten them yet.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had one develop in my first pregnancy over 14 years ago, each pregnancy it has grown. I have a few others now, mostly on my upper right thigh. I had issues w/ discomfort for the first time this pregnancy in early weeks b/c I was feeling so ill and barely active. Now they aren't causing discomfort at all, just annoying. I wear capris, skirts and dresses. I don't care who sees them. It is part of how my body grew my children and I am not ashamed of anyone who sees.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Well when mine go down after birth I will wear shorts, skirts and capris again, but for now with the discoloration, bulging veins everywhere, and swelling I'm not. If I show someone my foot and they don't know whats wrong, they think I was in some kind of accident. It would just draw way too much attention. In other pg's when they weren't as severe, I didn't care who saw them, but now I look too disfigured to show off.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #8
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

My cousin has a HUGE one on her knee, her midwife told her once that if she ever cut herself shaving to be prepared for lots and lots of squirting and to head to the ER. So, she stopped shaving her knees. She said it was painful too.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #9
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who has them I'm definately getting surgery on them after my pregnancy is done but we have to be really sure that we're done having kids because if you get pregnant after having surger, they'll just come back (or so my dr. says) The only thing my dr. says can help is the compression nylons but their so uncomfortable I just can't wear them sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got them during my second pregnancy. I"ve been wearing the compression hose from Motherhood Maternity. They seem to help with making my legs and tummy less tired too. I did end up cutting the toes off though because my toes would ache so bad by the end of the day.