Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
u/s question

Hi I had a question about u/s. I had one on Fri and its now just Tues, I go back to the dr today and they are doing another one. I am a little concerned about this since its only been a few days since I had one. The dr first said everything looked good and not to worry. Then when we were about to leave he put on the paper I have to take up before making my next appointment he wanted another u/s done. Should I be worried or no? Anyone know why he would do so soon. I do have GD but I wouldnt think that would be the reason.

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: u/s question

When I was pg with ds the doctor wanted me back for a second u/s 4 weeks after the first (so it would have been 8 weeks then 12 weeks) and I questioned why immediately. I knew from reading all of the books that normally they only did another one around 18 weeks. When I questioned her and continued to push for a reason she backpedaled and said, we could wait until 18 weeks. ?? I still don't know what was up with that. I was worried more than anything else- that there was something wrong that she wasn't telling me. But she had nothing substantial- just want to check how the baby's doing- and that kind of stuff was her response. I don't know if they are just super careful or if they are figuring that any reason is worth a look for the extra $$. Hate to think that.

Anyway- wish I could think of why your doc would want you back so soon. Did you queston it while you were there on Friday? I guess you will find out today! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Good luck I hope everything is perfectly perfect!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks hun! I just had my appointment, Fri he looked at the fluid around her and thought it was a little low so they wanted to recheck it. Come to find out it wasnt low at all. So all they did was check the fluid, I wish they would have told me Tues! I go back Fri to get another to see how big she is because I will be induced in a week depending on how big she is what day they will do it.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great news! You are so close to being done! Good to hear she is fine.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks hun!