Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Thanks to everyone who responded about NIP-phobic DH

Thanks for all the support ladies. I don't think I made any progress talking to DH the night we went out to dinner and he expected me to leave the table to feed DS, but I hope to make more progress before we go out to eat again. After reading some of your posts, and before going to bed that night, I did talk to him about it but it didn't go well. I told him he can go sit in the bathroom for 10 minutes next time, but he says is basic concern is that other people would feel uncomfortable and wouldn't be able to leave, which is a load of crap. He just doesn't like me or the kids "embarassing" him or drawing attention to our family in public. Basically the conversation ended with him saying we aren't going out to eat again until DS is weaned and he doesn't like me nursing in front of other people at all.

Yes, I now he is being immature and self-centered about it and it is my decision, so I won't change my stance but I am trying to respectfully disagree. I wish I could have stood up for myself in the restaurant, but I didn't want to humiliate him further or be the b**** I could have been because then the fight would have gotten ugly. We've almost gone through a divorce over my getting pg with DS, so I try to avoid arguing with DH about anything regarding the baby, otherwise he flies off-the-handle about not wanting him in the first place. I have to tread lightly on the subject, but I'm glad to have you guys' support and if the situation between DH and I were better, I would have loved to have driven the point home by employing many of the techniques you guys suggested. Considering our situation, instead I wrote him a few pages of my thoughts to get them off-my-chest so I can stop obsessing about how angry it makes me, and I hope he will read them and come around so we can go out again!

Tina - Separated mom of Abby (5) and Logan (3)
I've earned $275 in gift cards searching online
I've earned $75 shopping online
I've been paid to complete online surveys at
yagow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Thanks to everyone who responded about NIP-phobic DH

mama. Thanks for the update!
jesshb is offline   Reply With Quote