Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #11
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "early" self-weening

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom
We had some friends living with us that drank the Yerba Matte - she drank it while she was pg, because she assumed it was caffeine free. Don't know if yours is the same brand (or if there's even different brands..) but the Guayana Yerba Matte said right on the bag "naturally caffeinated".
There are lots of kinds of the yerba ... thats kind of funny that she didn't noticed on the bag. I don't know how many kinds are avalible in the US but my mil sends it through the post.

thanks for the encouragement too

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #12
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "early" self-weaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy
Don't worry no sugar or caffefine in the tea But I can imagine the horror of giving southern "sweet" tea to a baby. I can't take that tea myself. Actually as a family we drink something called yerba matte from South America (which is here my husband is from). He only drinks it when we drink it and not as much as we do. He might drink it once or twice every couple days for a few minutes with us. Otherwise he drinks a sippy of liptons caff free and watered down at my grandma's at lunch once a week when we go to visit her for lunch. My husband says drinking tea there is like drinking water but I'm used to the strength or lack there of so it doesn't bother me at all. He does drink water with most of his meals. My family has a history of diabetes so pretty much nobody drinks juice. When he eats he likes to drink too. I guess I could try at least when we are at home seeing if he'd take breast milk after a couple bites, then more food then more breast etc instead of his water.

I agree that I've read the the solids should be the icing but I don't think my son got the memo .... he's missed quite a few about what babies should be doing when. He will refuse breast and scream for other food. and I would love to give him more milk .... I mean its already premade and I don't have to wash any dishes.
I thought about pumping however I have never had any luck with a variety of pumps I tried. Which is why I posted since I'm out of ideas.
I LOVE yerba matte!!! My kiddos love tea too, I give it as soon as they can drink with a straw. No harn done. It's very normal in Europe.

On the weaning, it could be that your dc is just temporarily less interested. Do what seems right, and know that you nursed longer than most American moms.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #13
danibu98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One of my twins hates to nurse while teething. he strikes (nurses very little) for 36 hours, then goes back fine

I have no idea if this is helpful at all but I am posting it anyway
danielle
my ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11352.0
danibu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #14
dessismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep offering, especailly at night or when tired and sleepy or in the shower (if you shower with baby). Infants go through strikes and you just to ride them...

And if nothing works, pat yourself on the shoulder for doing a great job!!
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:06 AM   #15
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by halyled
Please don't take this the wrong way...but why are you giving him tea at 9 months? Water, sure, juice, okay, but tea?

I know that here in Germany, they give thier babies a certain kind of tea all the time. It's very normal here, and when ds2 wasn't getting enough bm in the hospital, they needed something in his system, so they gave him a baby tea. Just FYI, but it's normal in other places to do this...

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #16
Mommy2JadynandAshlyn
Registered Users
seller

My daughter weaned at 9 months. We tried everything. So just quit cold turkey. It was weird because before that she was nursing every 2 hours on the dot except at night. I tried to nurse her about every 2 hours for a week and still she refused. I pumped and tried to keep my supply up but it kept dwindling so after a week of trying I decided it was better for us both that I stop getting so upset about it and just give it up. I cried for a long time because I never thought that would happen. Anyways, she never missed it and we just did formula until she turned one.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #17
andrea0324
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey--you're doing great! My dd is 6mo old, and only nurses 4x per day. She's happy and healthy, so I figure she's getting what she needs, and I bet your son is too! The lit I have from my ped says that 8-12 mo olds only *need* to nurse 3-4 times per day (3-5 for 6-8 mo old). As the PP post mentioned, your milk changes as your LO grows, so if he's happy, I'd say go with it!

Hang in there!

Andrea
andrea0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the support everyone! And the suggestions. He is still working on four top teeth all coming in at once (he bites sometimes ) but it has been a gradual pairing down of the nursing for the last couple months really.
I guess that he's just prefering two times a day right now. The only other time he wants to is if he is nervous (or maybe jealous). The other day I had a friend's crying baby on my lap and he started crying and didn't quite until I had nursed him for a few minutes. So i guess he's normally secure in our "relationship"
Old 09-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #19
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you pregnant again, or am I just dreaming that?

That may be causing a change in your bm, if so?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #20
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwifeandmomma
Are you pregnant again, or am I just dreaming that?

That may be causing a change in your bm, if so?

I'm dreaming it too ... those kind of dreams that make you sleep walk at least once or twice a night to the bathroom

I wondered about that being somewhat responsible for the change