Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

So Upset***UPDATE***

OK I sold some FB's on here last month I mailed the package out and the DC # is saying that the USPS has be notified by shipped ect ect well it has never updated and the momma has not recieved them yet! She is asking for her money back. I don't feel that this is fair as I MAILED them but they seem to have gotten lost somewhere along the way. If I refund the money (that I don't have) then I am out the money and the diapers. I don't know what to do!! I told her I will not refund as I mailed them out already. One thing for sure I am going to require insurance on any future sales. Am I wrong??

UPDATE***** she filed a dispute with pp! What do I do what can pp do now I am really upset and the worst thing is that this momma is calling me a LIAR!!!! I may occasionally be slow but I have never RIPPED anyone off. I offered her 3 other FB's and a partial refund when I get the funds, waiting on her reply. From now on I am putting a HUGE disclaimer on any FSOT's I do.

Advertisement

Last edited by mommabug42006; 09-13-2006 at 07:54 PM.
mommabug42006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: So Upset

thats hard, im sorry mama, i hope the package is found
how long ago was it shipped ?
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

before sending her money, let her know you're going to launch an investigation from the USPS. If you've still got the DC#, they'll figure out what's happened. Just keep in mind a DC# is NOT a tracking # so all you normally get is the standard 1,2,3 stuff..1) USPS has been notified of a drop off/pick up of package 2) package was dropped off/picked upon such and such date, 3) package was delivered at DTG (date,time group). That's it... doesn't explain where it may be.

But it'll help to head to the PO and find out what's up first before sending money back. And depending on how you sent it, it could still just be in transit.

Good luck and I hope things work out favorably for both sides!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #4
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

No it was sent on the 25th of last month priorty mail, so she should have gotten it by now. The PO told me that they don't know what happened to the box as I gave it to my letter carrier, two other boxes sent that same day have already been recieved. I don't have the money to refund her and I really don't feel it would be fair to me to do so because I would be out the money and dipes. This makes me not want to ever sell again.
mommabug42006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:56 AM   #5
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

did you state that you are not responsible for packages after they are left at the po? if so and there was no insurance, it's the buyer's loss.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I would refund but only at the last minute. I would give it 44 days which is almost the limit to file with paypal. It sucks but it isn't fair to the buyer either to be out the money and the dipes,kwim? If that item never arrives and she files with paypal, she will get her money back. However I wouldn't do anything right now. It hasn't been that long if you mailed on the 25th of August. I've had packages take a month. USPS is notorious for this kind of stuff. You really don't get great service with usps. They don't even consider a package lost until after 30 days.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:11 AM   #7
beepsmnms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The USPS for some reason has been slower lately and its only going to get worse with the holidays around the corner. I'd ask the customer to be a little more patient (although I'm sure she already has been), and to let you look into it and if nothing can be resolved then give her a refund. As a WAHM I try never to argue with the customer kwim?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #8
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Well, I may be the odd one out here...but, I think you should give it a little more time (incase the PO is running slow) and if not you should figure out a way to make the situation "right". Which might involve giving a full refund BECAUSE the PO hasnt even acknowledged the package has been recieved at their branch.

The reason it says "the po has been notified of a package to be picked up" is because its just that. All it means is you printed the label. It is not proof the item was shipped. Which is probably why the buyer is pushing for her $$ back.

Now if the package had shown to be scanned at the PO but not yet delivered, that would be a situation of (as a buyer) I would probably wait for a bit longer, and then I would probably be a lot more willing to eat the money, since its obvious the PO was teh ones who lost the package.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #9
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

I would send (or scan and email) her a copy of the sent reciept, ask her to be a little more patient, and then if it still doesn't arrive, offer to refund half of the money. If you sent it, you shouldn't be out all of the money, and she shouldn't be out all her $ if she didn't recieve a package. Then if she gets the package eventually she could pp her half of the $back to you. Hope it shows up!
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote