Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Need some encouragement

To keep this babys gender a surprise. We didn't find out what DS was (it was such a great surprise that day he was born) and we don't want to find out what this baby is but.......I'm starting to get curious. It was so much easier with DS as I only had one ultrasound and after I got through it I didn't have the option to find out again.

This time I get a second u/s and I have a friend who just found out what their baby is , they are keeping it a secret between them. They even painted their babies room and then locked the door so no one will find out.

Now I'm starting to wonder should we find out. DH doesn't want to.

So what i need is some encouragement to stick to my guns and keep this baby a surprise.

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
ty&jessie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need some encouragement

ohhhh, that is hard. I am not one for advise in this area, but I wanted to wish you luck. For our next one I SOOO want to be surprised...if I can hold out! GL mama!!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I'm sure that I'll be fine if I can just get through the u/s. If I can just tell them not to tell me I'll be fine. But the curiousity is just so much more this time. But what I worry about is if I do ask what the gender is, is that I'll be disapointed with what I'd find out. I really want a girl this time, as the probability in DH's family is boys. I know that I loved DS the moment I saw him so I'll love this babe the same. Really I just want a healthy baby. Gender doesn't matter, but I'd say I'm leaning much more to a girl this time. AHHHhhhhh
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 04-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

we intended to not find out, then we went to finding out but not telling anyone else. but we found out and told everyone.. lol..

you can do it.. think about how much it will worth it.. I feel like i wish we would have not found out or atleast not told everyone.. but whatever you do.. once he/she is here you'll forget about feeling bad for doing one or the other
Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
MommaBunny
10% of Profits Donated to Wildlife
seller

My Mood:

It's worth it! There's nothing like that moment of finding out, with your baby in your arms!
MommaBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. I know that I can do this again. I really loved the surprise and hearing DH say "it's a boy" I'll never forget it. I know that it will be just as good this time.
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 04-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
bugletmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i didn't find out with my first, and i did find out with my second.

it is a surprise either way, but for me, it was so much neater not knowing!

we have chosen not to find out this time again, and i am so glad i held out and didn't give in. i am 10 days from my due date, and i am so anxious and excited to find out what this baby is. and i am planning to ask the doctor and my birth attendants to let dh and i look for ourselves so that we will be the first to announce it! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

with my daughter, i don't necessarily regret knowing, but it did take away some of the excitement of the birth for me, kwim?

it really is so much easier once you get past the u/s!
bugletmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
laj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep it a surprise!

When we were pg with our twins everyone thought we were crazy keeping it a surprise (and we had u/s's every two weeks after 20 weeks due to being high risk). It was tough because we knew that the u/s tech knew, but it was so amazing to keep guessing right up until that very last second. And then we got to do it all over again 6 minutes later.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, you're all helping a lot. I talked it over with DH again last night and we both want the same surprise like DS. I do know that I want that again. I still think about DH saying for the first time "Its a boy" I know that I've said it before but I want to have DH say it again. Boy or girl either way.

Well I'm feeling much better about this all. Thanks
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #10
YiddoBug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I envy your decision! I do hope to have my next (and most likely last) child remain a surprise until birth. DH hasn't been on board and I'm thrilled to be finding out soon now.

One thing I've thought of doing is having my OB write the gender down on some stationary and put it in an envelope, but since you and your husband are sure about your decision, this idea may not matter to you.

You're doing great! Almost 1/2 there. You'll be holding your little one before you know it.