Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #11
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Im trying to stay calm, what do I do?

I'd also recommend trying the bikini twist. It gives a pretty trim fit and plenty of room for pinning. Here's pic of my dd in a bikini twist premium prefold. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/100_2362.jpg

Advertisement

shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #12
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never been able to get pants, or jeans over cloth diapers on my boys, I ended up only using sweat pants or coveralls in winter, and shortalls in summer. They just have more room in the hips. I liked Old Navy and Osh Kosh. But you still have to watch some are narrow, I have some Janie and Jack that look very narrow for Jen this winter.
No help on the diaper here sorry, I just used to pin a prefold (no fancy folds) and use pull on pants on the boys.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #13
trainupachild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreck View Post
I'd also recommend trying the bikini twist. It gives a pretty trim fit and plenty of room for pinning. Here's pic of my dd in a bikini twist premium prefold. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/100_2362.jpg
OMGosh, I think that's the cutest thing I've ever seen! We've only ever used pockets, but that pic is cute enough to make me want to try prefolds! I'm kind of researching right now for baby number 2 (we're ttc) and use some stuff on DS before he potty trains to try out. CUTE PIC, MAMA!
trainupachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #14
mathlady
Registered Users

I'd actually say you may want a smaller cover -- or make sure this one is pulled very snug through the crotch (not necessarily around the waist). Trifolded PFs can be trim, or they can sag and puff a lot.

Also, trimming the pfs may work -- if you're having to fold down extra in front or back, I agree pants are never gonna work over them!
mathlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #15
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

TBH, some pants just wont fit with pf's, thats why I keep a few pockets handy. Otherwise, I think the trimmest fit for a pf is the bikini twist, as mentioned. I don't think bummis are the trimmest fitting covers though tbh. I prefer prowraps because they fit a little more snug and make a better fit under pants.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #16
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I like 10th the bikini twist. My daughter is a skinny minnie, but the bikini twist has saved us from the poo-splosions of the tri-fold method. I've gotten it down well enough that I can use a premium prefold with the bikini twist, medium BSWW over it and I can still get her 18 month shorts over her fluff butt (she's 2 1/2).
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote