Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #21
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question about this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix23 View Post
Are you saying that this site can track our Paypal information? I have used my dh pp to buy diapers, but I have never put any of his information on here. When I signed up I don't remember being asked for a lot of personal information, I have never (that I recall) given out our income or education level. I would also find it very strange if they are getting their info from our internet provider billing. How would our cable company know our education level? I'm pretty sure they never asked that. And how do they know what magazines we subscribe too and what fabric stores we shop at?
I am pretty sure they can't track pp info, I was just using that as an example of how people can register or use things that are not a womens name/gender etc. I know I sold diapers to women, but pp was a male's name.

I also know that a lot of the husbands have accounts here but don't post. This is so they can see all the links or things their wives show them all day. Remember in general, guys have a lot less to say then women. I mean we have 4 male admins, and you don't see them all over the boards with 1,000's of posts, like all our lovely female admins.

My biggest rant is people assuming that the internet is safe. Its not. If you don't want your kids seen by potential creepy people, don't post them.

Advertisement

Last edited by msmamabear; 04-11-2008 at 11:13 AM.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM   #22
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof4es View Post
I couldn't agree more. I wasn't referring to the KNOWN daddies here - your hubby, Nick, etc. I was referring to the men we DON'T know about. Obviously, if 39% are male, WHERE are they?!?

This is what I would like to know.....But regardless, I think we all need to be more guarded as to what info we post.

I won't post my kids names any more
I won't be posting pictures or linking to my PB account.
I am getting a PO Box (even though I am not cding I am buying clothes)
I won't post problems I am having in my personal life either.

I had the misfortune of doing business with a person that ended up posting ALL my personal info on the web, my full name, my mailing address (which is my home) and my email addy.

You do not know who is on the other end of that transaction.

I personally would love to see DS do a non-posting member purge for the sake of the community, I however realize this won't happen due to the more members this community shows I am sure it increases it's value.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #23
blsimpson
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
I personally would love to see DS do a non-posting member purge for the sake of the community, I however realize this won't happen due to the more members this community shows I am sure it increases it's value.
There are to many users that only come here to read, and don't need, no want, to post to do that.. Also, the forums are not private, so anyone can read them, registered or not...
blsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #24
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

If someone wants to find personal info on someone else, it's not that hard to do. It's true, there are some bad people out in the world that want to do hard. But MOST people are good people with good hearts and don't have any intention of harming anyone, stealing their info or harming their children. Even on a private, password protected forum, someone can hack in and get info if they really wanted to.

Yes, it's scary. But you can't always live in fear. I'm sorry someone posted your personal information, Hayley. That was so wrong of them to do. I hope and pray that information didn't fall in to the wrong hands. I doubt it did though.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #25
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blsimpson View Post
There are to many users that only come here to read, and don't need, no want, to post to do that.. Also, the forums are not private, so anyone can read them, registered or not...
I know that is why I said I knew it wouldn't happen

I used to be a mod, I know how it goes.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #26
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
If someone wants to find personal info on someone else, it's not that hard to do. It's true, there are some bad people out in the world that want to do hard. But MOST people are good people with good hearts and don't have any intention of harming anyone, stealing their info or harming their children. Even on a private, password protected forum, someone can hack in and get info if they really wanted to.

Yes, it's scary. But you can't always live in fear. I'm sorry someone posted your personal information, Hayley. That was so wrong of them to do. I hope and pray that information didn't fall in to the wrong hands. I doubt it did though.
Thanks Tara, I think we nipped it in the butt pretty fast.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #27
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Your screen shot is making me scroll!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote