Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BEYOND frustrated and right passed TICKED OFF too!!

Did you let the host know that you are in Canada? Did you tell her that your shipping would be delayed because of this? Most swap hosts are *more than willing* to be accomodating WHEN they know what is going on, but they are not mind readers. This is why it's important to stay on top of emails, pms, etc. during a swap. Stay in communication. Being upfront with all details can spare a lot of confusion and frustration on behalf of both parties. Hope your wipes arrive to the person in charge soon.

Advertisement

Last edited by Knittress; 09-08-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #12
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

things have been resolved. i guesse it was an assumption of a mix up as i thought i knew the host and i thought she knew me and that i was from canada. i responded to every pm that required me to, i didn't to one as i had no prolems and would be shipping on time so i didn't need to respond, but otherwise am pm was answered as well as i posted in the thread so communication was there, just not what it could have been. i don't think i will leave feedback (unles i recieve a negitive) as i am not the host of the swap and have otherwise not left feedback on any swap before. i would have been fine just getting them returned if she wanted to ship ASAP but she decided to wait and thats fine too. I really like swaps and i really don't want one bad experience to spoil it, i think swaps are a great way to experience others artistic and creative talents with out shelling out lotts of money. i'm just glad this resolved itself
Old 09-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #13
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

thats great, im glad it was resolved
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #14
smugsmilz
Registered Users

Quote:
I think what she is doing is very wrong. She should have stated that Canadian moms would have to mail early. There is no way you deserve neg feedback.
This is assuming that the owner of the swap knew that there were Canadian moms participating.

I would think that international participants would know to notify swap owners of the lapse in shipping or not participate if they knew going into it that they couldnt meet the deadline.

Last edited by smugsmilz; 09-11-2006 at 04:36 PM.
smugsmilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #15
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

not to bring this thread up again because i considered it closed but what smugsmilz is saying is that canadiam mamas shouldn't be alowed to participate in swaps because we are canadian? or that we have to tell people were we live as if it were a scarlet letter? and i did meet the deadline.

oh, and most of the swaps i do the hosts already knew i was in canada and i had mistaken this swap host for someone i had done a swap with before

Last edited by 1boy1girl1kitty2; 09-12-2006 at 12:48 AM.
1boy1girl1bitty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 AM   #16
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

Are you supposed to leave feedback here about a swap on ANOTHER board?
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:58 AM   #17
smugsmilz
Registered Users

Quote:
not to bring this thread up again because i considered it closed but what smugsmilz is saying is that canadiam mamas shouldn't be alowed to participate in swaps because we are canadian? or that we have to tell people were we live as if it were a scarlet letter? and i did meet the deadline.

oh, and most of the swaps i do the hosts already knew i was in canada and i had mistaken this swap host for someone i had done a swap with before

If a previous poster were to re-read my previous post, one would not read a discrimination against international swappers.

One would read an observation that if one were to be international during a swap, I would think one would want to notify the swap owner to let him or her know so they can plan accordingly in the event of such a transaction gone awry.

Not a slam on our favorite neighbors to the North. Its almost a running joke on boards like these how slow Canadian mail takes. If said package was mailed out a few days before the recieving date, it almost goes without saying that it would not make it in time and in my never humble opinion, the owner of the swap should have been notified.

Again my and I didnt realize the thread had been closed. There wasnt one of those nifty locks on it or did I just miss it?

Last edited by smugsmilz; 09-12-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #18
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

i assumed she was mama i had swapped with before a s i thought i knew the username/ that wasn't the case so there was a communiction error on my part.

feedback on DS is for transactions on DS. you wouldn't leave feedback for someones store if you purchased from their store. but if you purchased from wahm wares then yes you would leave feedback here where the transaction orrigonated. i'm sure if innapropriate feedback was left about a swap on another board the mods would retract it.

the thread was never closed but the issue was

Last edited by 1boy1girl1kitty2; 09-12-2006 at 09:55 AM.
1boy1girl1bitty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #19
smugsmilz
Registered Users

I think the question was why are you posting about a swap gone south on another board, here on DS?

Just throwing out ideas? Out of curiosity, have you posted a 'what to do?' about this on the other board in question?

An assumption on your end isnt a communication issue? Im wondering if the mom being called into question might beg to differ?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #20
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay Ladies, let's just chill out here.

the OP is asking for advice since the mamas here seem to have good heads on our shoulders! also, you can't very well post about something like this on the regular board it occured on without the cat claws really coming out.

smugsmilz, I think you make some good points and it is definitely best practice to always remind mamas where we live. however, it is also customary for swap organizers to mandate an earlier swap date if they are not willing to wait.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote