Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Need help ASAP ! Getting sick...

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and thought it was the weather change. Then, tonight, just an hour or so ago, the right side of my throat swelled up huge and hurts so bad Sinuses are killing me but no stuffy nose. Since the cold just started I want to take some kind of herb to kick it in the rear. But no pharmacist will give me help saying none of them are studied for breastfeeding. HELP! I don't want cold meds to cover it up, I want to get rid of it! And I know the earlier the better!

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Need help ASAP ! Getting sick...

Vit C, Echinacea, Golden Seal, & Horsetail
You might want to run a quick check online for the Golden Seal and Horsetail as far as safe for bfd'g, but I think they are safe as well. Also, Zicam! It has zinc in it which will keep the virus from duplicating and get you well faster(found in the drug store - it's homeopathic)
Hope you feel better soon ~ I just went hrough this about 2 weeks ago and it sucks when you are sick and have others depending on your body!!

~Alacia
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #3
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need help ASAP ! Getting sick...

Thanks so much! It's just starting but it's one of those you can tell is going to get bad fast!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I have been dealing w/ the same thing except I am prego and there is hardly any meds you can take anyway. Def load up on Vit C and Zinc. W/ Vit C take like 500% or more of the RDA, sounds like a lot but you will pee out anything you don't need. When you are sick you need more to fight the germies. I don't know about the safety of the other recommendations and BF. I know that goldenseal dates back to the NA Indians and I am pretty sure they didn't formula feed, KWIM. But I don't want to say it is safe to use while BF either.

Good luck and feel better soon. Also make sure you are resting as much as possible.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I've heard goldenseal is bad for breastfeeding but that is just something I heard once. Can I double up on my vitamins? I can't eat anything. The right side of my throat is so swollen!