Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #31
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "sposie outfits" and other trimness thoughts...

If we need a trimmer option I usually grab one of my mutt aios. Or a pocket. We don't have disposables in the house, so we're never tempted to use one.

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #32
annasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some of my dd's jeans are tighter than others in the bum area and so they dont look great with cd's, but I have found that the trimmest option that I own is a cricketts with a diaperap cover
Old 04-13-2008, 03:11 AM   #33
BarbieAnn79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Unfortunately, a good chunk of my DD's wardrobe is hand-me -downs from her sister Lauren, who is now 6 yrs old and never CD'ed. I CD'ed my 3rd baby, who just turned 5, but didnt start until she hit 15 months .. and it was summer so she didnt really wae a whole lot of pants/shorts.. mostly a tee with a CD... and when cold weather hit we started buying cloths with Cd in mind.
Now, with my youngest DD, who is 2 1/2, we are having issues- because she is in a 6-12 and a few 12-18 mo things, but they were mostly Laurens' and , yeah.. it has been interesting. Kirsten has a CD wardrobe, a Sposie only wardrobe and an either/or wardrobe... She has stuff that will FALL OFF if she ISnt in a Cd and stuff that will barely fit if in a CD.. today it was a CUTE pr. of 6-12 capris from old navy and they fit GREAT in a sposie, but we had to STUFF HER IN them today in a CD.. ( it was a Thirsties with a prefold and 2 doublers.. she pees a LOT) she had the biggest widest bum!
We only use sposies once in awhile ( at night for 1/2 the time and during long bus trips.. or wekend at Grandmas where there is no washer/dryer)
She JUST grew into a size 3 huggies, and a big bag of those will last quite awhile.. If I see something at a thrift store or retail ect and can just tell by looking at it that it wont fit well over cloth, I do not buy it, but if it is a hand me down, then I just deal with it.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:06 AM   #34
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I buy the clothes around the butt. I passed on a pair of super cute jeans because I knew that once he had a diaper on the slim fit of them would not work. But there are lots of clothes that do work so it is okay.

My problem is we will be going to my parents camp this summer and I do not intend on buying sposies for it. So I need to figure out what I need to last for three days. Currently i do a wash every two days so I am sure it won't be to difficult. Difficult thing will be letting him play in sand with a cute diaper on.

huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:08 AM   #35
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

flats and wcw cover. She doesn't wear very many outfits that have pants since we use longies and other wool stuff.
I honestly don't buy any sposies, so I don't know if there is an outfit that would fit better or not. Maybe? She hasn't worn sposies since the hospital.
I tend not to get onesies.

Last edited by ForCryingOutLoud; 04-13-2008 at 06:09 AM.
ForCryingOutLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #36
Ladycop79
Registered Users
seller

I second the no-onsies thing...My DS is skinny but tall (17 1/2 lbs and 30 inches) so he grows out of everything in length before anything else. Onesies are ALWAYS too short in the rise. We don't have the need for sposies because DS NEED a CD to keep his pants up! Plus, we don't own any...