Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #21
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why was my reply deleted in a thread?

Well the way I see it. I'm all for supporting and helping others online. If I post it Privately, how will that help others who are having the same questions. It's a public forum, for helping and supporting others. Why can't we help and support publicly.

I still go back to my original comment. You have the option of which posts you open and read entirely. You have the option of closing out the page and going on to another post. How does a post such as the one mentioned in this thread hurting anyone.

I'm not just a newb on forums. I have been around forums for a long time and have been an admin to one for going on 3 yrs now. I would rather my members help and support each other than worry about spamming. You are your own person and can pick and chose which thread you want to read.

Advertisement

Last edited by ~Heather~; 04-13-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #22
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Heather~ View Post
Well the way I see it. I'm all for supporting and helping others online. If I post it Privately, how will that help others who are having the same questions. It's a public forum, for helping and supporting others. Why can't we help and support publicly.

I still go back to my original comment. You have the option of which posts you open and read entirely. You have the option of closing out the page and going on to another post. How does a post such as the one mentioned in this thread hurting anyone.

I think you misunderstood. No one wants to read nor should have to read a transaction between buyer and seller. That is not helpful to anyone.

If it was a simple question - then yes - a simple answer may be helpful to others but not a buy/sell transaction.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #23
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamabear View Post
The best thing to have done, is to have pm'd Kim directly since you knew her screen name and could have gotten your question answered. And then she could have replied however she wanted to, to your inquiry without having "questionable" spam posts. Its the same thing that should be done in the craft chat show and tell. You can ask the mama's questions, but if you are interested in purchasing info, then you should pm them.
The purpose of the thread was more of a joke. I'd read in Kim's HC that she was stocking one girl set, one boy, one gn. I saw a girl set posted, and it was too small, so I jokingly posted that I NEEDED one in a bigger size. To my surprise she posted that she was making one.
The whole thing wasn't really searching to buy one, but to complain (jokingly) that I couldn't get one (now I know that if I stalk appropriately I may be able to!). People post complaints about NOT getting something/being able to stalk something ALL THE TIME. If the WAHM posts that she'll be stocking more, it's never deleted. I've seen it before. I just think the deleting got a bit out of hand.
I know you mamas are human. And I don't THINK I got a strike out of it (one of my posts was also deleted...but don't ask me how I was spamming, I don't have a business/anything for sale ), so really no harm no foul. I think we just want clarification of the rules.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
I think you misunderstood. No one wants to read nor should have to read a transaction between buyer and seller. That is not helpful to anyone.

If it was a simple question - then yes - a simple answer may be helpful to others but not a buy/sell transaction.
YOU DON"T HAVE TO!!!! SKIP THAT THREAD!!! DON"T OPEN IT!!!! That is my point. If you open it and see it's like this, close it, move on. You aren't obligated to sit there and read it in it's entirety.

It is actually helpful, if you have the same questions for the same seller. You are in essence getting help.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #25
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanner03 View Post
The purpose of the thread was more of a joke. I'd read in Kim's HC that she was stocking one girl set, one boy, one gn. I saw a girl set posted, and it was too small, so I jokingly posted that I NEEDED one in a bigger size. To my surprise she posted that she was making one.
The whole thing wasn't really searching to buy one, but to complain (jokingly) that I couldn't get one (now I know that if I stalk appropriately I may be able to!). People post complaints about NOT getting something/being able to stalk something ALL THE TIME. If the WAHM posts that she'll be stocking more, it's never deleted. I've seen it before. I just think the deleting got a bit out of hand.
I know you mamas are human. And I don't THINK I got a strike out of it (one of my posts was also deleted...but don't ask me how I was spamming, I don't have a business/anything for sale ), so really no harm no foul. I think we just want clarification of the rules.
I agree. Is it only spam because the WAHM posted herself. What if I posted the answer to her question. "I heard she is making one in that size, so you still have a chance" Is that still spam. I'm just answering a question.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #26
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
YOU DON"T HAVE TO!!!! SKIP THAT THREAD!!! DON"T OPEN IT!!!! That is my point. If you open it and see it's like this, close it, move on. You aren't obligated to sit there and read it in it's entirety.

It is actually helpful, if you have the same questions for the same seller. You are in essence getting help.
First - calm down. Do not yell at me.

Second - seriously? Is it helpful to you to read a buyer/seller transaction?

B: May I have XYZ?
S: Which size?
B: Medium please
S: Great! my pp addy is whatever@gmail.com
B: ok! PP sent!
S: Fantastic!! I'll have it out tomorrow! Thanks!
B: No! Thank YOU!

That's NOT helpful and I shouldn't have to skip over threads simply because some people don't know how to use PMs.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #27
Deanner03
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree. Is it only spam because the WAHM posted herself. What if I posted the answer to her question. "I heard she is making one in that size, so you still have a chance" Is that still spam. I'm just answering a question.
Thanks, mama. I'm glad Kim and I aren't the only ones confused. PART of the purpose of the thread was to RAVE for the set that was previewed, but how many times do people post that "previews are up" for SOMETHING or other, and rave about them. That's ok, though, right? This is really super confusing!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #28
Deanner03
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

That's NOT helpful and I shouldn't have to skip over threads simply because some people don't know how to use PMs.
I agree, but that wasn't the spirit of the thread. I wouldn't want to read that either
Old 04-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #29
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanner03 View Post
I agree, but that wasn't the spirit of the thread. I wouldn't want to read that either

Exactly. Like I said earlier, answering quesitons most likely is VERY helpful to others reasding the posts. I hope that some clear rules can be made about this.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #30
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

First off it wasn't meant as yelling, only reinterating my point.
Secondly, so you read all threads on here all the time. You don't pick and chose which one's interest you to read.
Thirdly, it wasn't that type of transaction post. It was I love that set and wish it was in a different size. WAHM posts aren't you in luck i'm working on that size. That would be so helpful to someone who is also wishing it were a different size.

also, a transaction post like that would be helpful. Maybe I was wanting a size from a WAHM like that, but wasn't sure she took requests so easily. Once I saw she did from someone I would go ahead and make a request in a PM probably. Because I don't need to do it on the board.

Last edited by ~Heather~; 04-13-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Closed Thread