Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Kinga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh sick kids!

My younger two have been really sick...5 year old has been in and out of the hospital late last week, they thought she had meningitis! Rylin had to have a lumbar puncture, and it was so unpleasant. I pray none of my other kids ever have to go through that. She was amazing, but still, I felt so awful for her. She was limp, couldn't walk, fevers over 104 for 5 days. Thankfully, the results came back (so far) good, but we have to wait for a 5 day culture test that we won't get until Wednesday morning.
Then on Friday night our two year old started with the high fever. She was over 104 til last night....she's generally higher than the others, but she was delusional on Saturday night and parts of yesterday. She was seeing things and we're thinking she probably had a febrile seizure from the high fevers.
Then the older two kids (11 and 15) have nasty coughs and chest pain.
Needless to say, they all probably have the same thing, but it's worrysome to me. I probably caught it now too. I'm coughing so hard my chest and my uterus hurts. I've slept about 6 hours since Friday night. I'm exhausted so probably that's why I'm feeling under the weather.
DH an I were worried last night, I was coughing pretty hard and brought on some good contractions. I had some spotting (probably just from coughing and straining maybe? so far, I've had no dilating or anything!), and we were thinking if they continue, we'd be having a baby by now. But all I kept thinking is that I'm not ready to bring a new born in to my house of sickies. Awful right???
Anyway, I'm sorry for the vent session. We're back to the family dr this morning. My OB is away til Wednesday, but I'm a little worried if I get sick at this late in the game (40 weeks on Thursday!) what that means to my little bean?

Thanks for reading mamas

Advertisement

Kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
IHaveSpirit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ugh sick kids!

oh mama I am so sorry to hear of this.... We have all been sick here too, but not with the severity of your crew.

I too am hoping to keep my bean in until all of the sickies are cleared up.

Hugs to you!!!
IHaveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
normajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh goodness, im so sorry everyone is so sick. i hope you have a supportive husband or family member to help you!!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Kinga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas. We went for a follow up today, and Ry has had a high fever for 5 days. We have to go back tomorrow to see the paediatrician. It's getting worrisome, but this afternoon, I brought both little girls home and we had a nice long nap.
I'm feeling cruddy though, my chest hurts from coughing and I'm really thinking that this baby wants out. I've had contractions all day, totally not regular but still there...so I hope we get better soon!
My older kids are fantastic (11 and 15), they're helping with the little ones and they are on dinner duty today. I am one lucky mama!

I hope all the other mama's are feeling ok!! Not too much longer now!
Kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
SerenitysBowtique
Registered Users
Formerly: Serenity0811
seller

My Mood:

I hope you all get better before the new arrival. My 3 ds's all have really bad colds now and I feel like I have caught it. I feel crummy. I am due in about 10 days and really hope we all get better before then.