Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
CTH3989
Registered Users
seller

What size CD's to get for a newborn? I'm new to CD'ing.

I am new to cloth diapering and I bought a few used CD's here on DS. Well, I got all smalls and they look so big. My mom said that they are going to be too big for a newborn. Did I get the right size? Also, how many do I need to start off with for a newborn? Thanks.

Chelci

Advertisement

CTH3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What size CD's to get for a newborn? I'm new to CD'ing.

Unless you have any idea how big your baby will be (previous pregnancy) I would get new born. If you are on a budget some premie prefolds and some wraps go along way. You can use the prefolds to stuff your pocket diapers later. Babies do grow fast my ds was born at 7 lbs lost wieght to 6.5 lbs and was 10lbs by one month.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
CTH3989
Registered Users
seller

This is my first baby so I don't know how big he will be. If I get newborn wouldn't I have to get smalls a month later? I am on a budget but I was thinking about using pocket diapers. *Sigh* I don't know what I'm doing.

Chelci
Old 09-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
J3nn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no experience yet with CD a newborn, but I went with majority and bought a bunch of kissaluvs size 0. THey have a fold down front to protect the cord area and fit most babies from birth to a few months.
We also have 10 XS fuzzi bunz and a big stash of small FBs when the baby outgrows the Kissaluvs and XS.

Chelci-do I know you from BAM?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
This is my first baby so I don't know how big he will be. If I get newborn wouldn't I have to get smalls a month later? I am on a budget but I was thinking about using pocket diapers. *Sigh* I don't know what I'm doing.
The smalls will probably be too big on a newborn. They have really runny poop and without a good fit it will be messy. Thats way I suggested prefolds they are super cheap and you can use them as stuffers in your small pockets.

Kissaluvs 0's are 5-15lbs they are fitteds so they need a cover.

For my new baby we are using Kissaluvs O's, xs fuzzi bunz and wahm nb pockets. If you watch the fsot here you can get these really resonably (sp) later on you can sell them (or trade) to help fund the next size up.

I have bought alot of wahm pockets from here ... http://www.mypreciousbabybyapril.com/store/Default.asp

Hope that helps...

Last edited by angel0123; 09-08-2006 at 06:32 PM.
angel0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Smile Re: What size CD's to get for a newborn? I'm new to CD'ing.

I am using infant PF's with a snappi and cover. She was 7 lbs 15 oz at birth. I have 2 NB proraps but I didn't use them until her cord fell off. They have a notch for the cord but it still rubbed and would make it bleed. I have 4 small Dappi covers that I got FFS, they work well. My small BSWW covers are too big.

I have 4 small FB's and they fit good. I like using them at night. I stuff them with a PF. I also have a few Kissaluv's but she soaks them really fast so the PF's are our main diaper.

I got all my diapers for the baby from here. I have 3 BumGenius! on the way.

Congratulations and good luck!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
CTH3989
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3nn
I have no experience yet with CD a newborn, but I went with majority and bought a bunch of kissaluvs size 0. THey have a fold down front to protect the cord area and fit most babies from birth to a few months.
We also have 10 XS fuzzi bunz and a big stash of small FBs when the baby outgrows the Kissaluvs and XS.

Chelci-do I know you from BAM?
Thanks for your help, and yes, it's me!! I'm from BAM.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #8
CTH3989
Registered Users
seller

Thank you so much for your help ladies! I'm just afraid that I will be no good with prefolds because I won't know how to fold them properly. Plus, I didn't really want anything with a cover but I guess I could try fitteds.

So, I should get some Kissaluv 0's and use those until I can move up to smalls? I have about 10 diapers.(All Smalls. 5 FB's, 3 wahm[pocket], 1 fitted that is really thick, may not need a cover, and 1 AIO) So I should go buy some smaller sizes? Like Newborn? The 3 wahm should fit because they are tiny. I really liked the lady I got them from and think they will fit my son.

I think I should get more of hers. Thanks for the help ladies, I'm sure I could use lots more of it.

Chelci
Old 09-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #9
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little guy was born 3 weeks early at 7lbs and change. He is 7-2 now (still trying to re-gain to get back to birth wt.!)

My 6 KL0s work great on him but wouldn't fit if he was any smaller than he is - they are on the smallest setting. I think they will work for him for a few months (at least with how slow he is growing so far!) I also have a lot of infant prefolds - all you really have to do is fold them in thirds longwise, maybe fold down the end a bit if it's too long, and hold them on with a cover like a prowrap. You could also snappi it - even my DH figured out how to snappi by the end of the first week. The prefolds are waaaaay cheaper than the KL0s, and sometimes they dirty a dipe almost as soon as you put a fresh one on, so it's good to have some prefolds at least as backup. I have 7 covers that fit a NB now, and I'm about to order some more as he poos all the time and with the prefolds it does tend to get on the cover more often than when he is wearing the KL0s.

Good luck and congratulations on your soon-to-be little one!
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #10
chunkymonkey'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have used all pockets/AIO's on my babe since birth...we use XS Fuzzi Bunz and NB Mutt AIO dipes...This has worked great for us! He is on the 2nd snap on the FB and the Mutt dipes and weighs right under 10lbs at 2mths old...I say we still have a couple more weeks in the FB until we switch up to the smalls and at least a good month before we outgrow the Mutt dipes HTH!