Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
newbie...help

Hi all ! I am as the title explains, a newbie ... I have a couple questions that I am sure have been asked numerous times - but I am too old and my eyes are getting tired from searching for matching threads!! I have found a lot of info - but here are my queries for the day...

I get what a PF and a cover are/do. (tho' have n't figured out the best way to fold them) I have those and they work alright - not too fond, but not familiar w/ what else is out there. which brings me to my HH that I got today and want to understand what to do with it! (its crazy to think I have to ask questions about a diaper )

so - I have inserts and liners and this HH pocket... I put the insert in the pocket and a liner on the top right? and why? why the liner? if not a liner on this one - what's the liner for?

Additionally - do fitteds go with a cover in lieu of the PF?

another thing... my LO has chuuuby thighs and not so thick tummy.. .are there any ones better for this body type than others, that ya'll have tried?

and LBNL - LO is a super-peer at night - what's the best for overnights???????

okay - i think that's all for now.. thanks much!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by moonphishers; 09-08-2006 at 11:51 PM.
moonphishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: newbie...help

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonphishers
Hi all ! I am as the title explains, a newbie ... I have a couple questions that I am sure have been asked numerous times - but I am too old and my eyes are getting tired from searching for matching threads!! I have found a lot of info - but here are my queries for the day...

I get what a PF and a cover are/do. (tho' have n't figured out the best way to fold them) I have those and they work alright - not too fond, but not familiar w/ what else is out there. which brings me to my HH that I got today and want to understand what to do with it! (its crazy to think I have to ask questions about a diaper )

so - I have inserts and liners and this HH pocket... I put the insert in the pocket and a liner on the top right? and why? why the liner? if not a liner on this one - what's the liner for?

the insert goes inside the diaper, you do not need the liner, mamas just use those to help prevents poop stains

Additionally - do fitteds go with a cover in lieu of the PF?
yes, fitteds go under a cover and i prefer them over prefolds just snap and go or velcro and go in some cases..lol

another thing... my LO has chuuuby thighs and not so thick tummy.. .are there any ones better for this body type than others, that ya'll have tried?
the diapers ive heard are great are snap -ex chubby sized, im sure theyre some others, i don't know, maybe the GADS

and LBNL - LO is a super-peer at night - what's the best for overnights???????
i love pockets at night, i put a microfiber towel and wrap it around a hemp insert and stuff this inside the pocket, also good are a heavy wetter hemp fitted( like a cub covers fitted) and put wool over it, i have soakers/shorties and longies, they work GREAT!

okay - i think that's all for now.. thanks much!!!
any more questions, feel free to ask away
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #3
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I can't tell you how much I appreciate your post!!! thanks a ton!! I'll look into all the suggestions

okay so the only questions I have from these answers is whats the story behind the wool/soakers. Why ? and what are baby legs!?

thanks!!!!!

Last edited by moonphishers; 09-09-2006 at 12:50 AM.
moonphishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:59 AM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Talking Re: newbie...help

Your very welcome! Wool are VERY addicting, i love the kozy designs brand because they are soft merino wool and made perfectly and come with awesome embroidery which imo make them that much cuter, when they are lanolized, they become waterproof and can be used as a cover, work GREAT overnight and i also use ours when we go out because they are THAT cute! my baby gets compliments on her wool! we just got 2 more pairs of longies in a co-op we just had, i love this brand of wool, there are more expensive brands that are also made awesome and beautiful, but theyre harder to get and cost more but are worth every cent, the wahms that make wool are very talented thats for sure! *babylegs, these are like tights/leggings, they come in great prints and are really cute and make diaper changes easy, they prevent in the winter/cooler season that cold draft outside to get under to the childs skin while theyre wearing pants too, these are awesome, i sold most of mine off and traded a pair today because i need diapers but i plan on geting more as soon as i can www.babylegs.net
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh - thanks so much again for your reply... I'll have to try some of those now! as well as a wool cover! I have to try it all - I just like to know what I'm supposed to do with it! checking out the baby legs info now and going to search around for wool next - oh DH will hate this website
Old 09-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh boy - i ordered me some baby legs! yay! Can't wait til they arrive - though I wont need em here in CA for a while - I'm exctied none the less.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Babylegs are good year round. I actually just got my first pair in today. And I love them.I have also heard they are good for when babys start to crawl so there knees aren't all scratched up. I can't wait to get more too!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:02 AM   #8
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I live in California as well and we still use babylegs. Mine is just about ready to walk but we will still use them, especially when it "cools" down. My girls wear a lot of dresses!

Welcome!