Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
NB stash--how many diapers do you have?

I'm planning and buying for my newborn stash and I'm not sure how many actual newborn diapers to buy. I can't remember how many I had with Luke and with Adam I had about 3 doz prefolds and 6 proraps.

I may be having another big 9-10lb baby and so I'm not sure if I want to invest in a lot of xsmall/nb dipes. Right now I have bought 6 nb fitteds & 4 small fitteds and 6 small FB and a few PUL/wool/fleece small & nb covers. How much more would you get in each size? (DH wants to do mostly pockets and wants me to get about 12 more small pockets) ETA: we also have around 12 infant IPFs & CPFS, and around 18 Premium CPFs.

Advertisement

Last edited by Adamsmama; 09-09-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Adamsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
StormySar
Registered Users

Re: NB stash--how many diapers do you have?

Are yo opposed to using prefolds during the early days until you know how fast baby wil grow out of the smallest sizes? Even if they grow out of infant prefolds for folding around baby, you can still trifold them and lay them in a cover to get a little longer use out of them. I usually suggest that until you know how big baby is, what body type baby has, and how quickly he (or she!) grows :-)

I usually suggest 24-36 diapers to keep on hand, more ifyou want to go longer between washings.
StormySar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I do have some prefolds--I have about a doz infant sized left and quite a few premiums. So--we aren't going to be without diapers. My DH says he refuses to use prefolds this time (I will use them--but I do like how easy the other types are, too).
Old 09-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i don't know on pockets b/c i don't really use them much. but for fitteds if i were you i'd get some small pw's i think those would fit a smaller baby than 9 pounds b/c of the crossover snaps and still fit a chunky monkey too (in my own experience lol). if you're interested in doing prefolds i'd get some preemie and infant size ones too. as far as just nb fitteds...maybe 4 more.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #5
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i know lots of people are opposed to buying preemie b/c they think baby will outgrow them fast...and yes as a prefold they will, BUT they are a great cheap doubler!!!! and if you just have to have cute doublers just dye or stamp em!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had around 36 diapers and 6 covers. I washed every third day and still had a few left during washing
Old 09-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #7
JenMah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have so far:

15 fitteds
2 AIO
12 pockets
12 prefolds
5 proraps
1 longies
2 small SEZ cover

...working on more wool.

Mommy-Mom to Mason-13, Molly-10, Maguire-5, Meredith-2.5
JenMah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
peachbub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've got two dozen ipfs, 6 proraps, 2 bsww, and 4 small pockets. We'll see how far that goes and add more later once we see what we need!! But I'm also planning on just using sposies those first couple of weeks (I remember just being exhausted those first days -- don't even want to think about extra laundry!!).
Old 09-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
Michele
Registered Users

Right now we have only 12 FB and I get by pretty well washing every other day but I do end up running out at times (I have 12 more on the way). I didn't start CDing him till he was about 3 weeks (he's 5 weeks now).

My Feedback is HERE *and* I'm "just-the-mama" on Ebay and have YEARS of feedback there!
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #10
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I am currently cd'ing a NB and have been shocked at the amount of dipes I use. I thought the every 2 hour deal was the general idea ~ making it 24 to get through about 2 days. I was so wrong!! My dd is EBF and poops like mad crazy. I changed her at 11:30am (poopy), placed the other dipe underneath which she then pooped in and once I got the next dipe on and her clothes on she poo-ped yet again. Right there, 3 dirty dipes in 10 minutes and it's normal!! I have 6 pockets, 2 AIO's, 26 fitteds which lasts 2 days. I also have some prefolds (preemie and infant), prefitteds (4) and contours (6) that I use but not as regular as the rest. My babe is small (7# 12oz. at birth) and all those are NB size and are still fitting great (she is nearly 2 weeks old). As for covers I have 4 wool soakers, 8 PUL covers and 1 fleece cover. I reach for the wool and fleece first and a select few PUL covers ~ I'd say 7 total would be a good amount.