Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
nellisfamily02
Registered Users
seller

Stoller Recommendations...

I am in the market for a new stroller. I am looking at jogging strollers or any other stroller that would be good for outside use. We have been taking walks with an umbrella stroller and on uneven side walks and long walks, it sucks!

Does any one have any recommendations? Any thing to definately stay away from?

I've been looking at the Bumble Ride Rocket, but trying to justify the price. Does anyone know where to find a used one? Ebay doesn't have any.

TIA,

Sandy

Advertisement

nellisfamily02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stoller Recommendations...

I have a BumbleRide Rocket!! I adore that stroller! It's a beast, but it's lovable. I even take it shopping, in spite of its size, because of the size of the shopping basket underneath, the fact that the basket is always accessible, and that it steers so beautifully. Heck, I've even taken it GROCERY SHOPPING when we walked from our house! We take it off-road and on our bumpy sidewalks...glides over it all. Plus DD looks comfy in it. And it comes with a nice set of accessories, too. It took a lot of convincing at first to get DH to let me buy it, but even he likes it. (BTW, he's 6'4" and I'm 5'5"...this stroller is comfortable for both of us to push).

My model is a 2005, which is heavier than the current one. But I still heft that thing in and out of the cargo area on my Chevy Blazer. It's still pretty big when folded, so you will want to keep that in mind. It pretty much takes up all of my cargo area. But again, I love it so much that I don't mind.

I HIGHLY recommend that stroller! There is a stroller swap group on yahoo, BTW... I can't access yahoo groups when I'm at work, but I can check for it when I get home. You'll find used strollers for sale on there, although I can't say I've ever seen a BR Rocket listed.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
nellisfamily02
Registered Users
seller

Carrie,
I forgot to thank you for the rave. I went ahead and ordered one in the cosmo color. According to the website I ordered it from, it said it would take 3 days to my area. The tracking # of is telling me I won't get it until the 9th. That will be 7 days after it shipped. Needless to say, I am dissapointed and want my stroller NOW!!! LOL!!!

Thanks again. I'll let you know how I like it.

Sandy
nellisfamily02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
MamaJenn
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellisfamily02
I am in the market for a new stroller. I am looking at jogging strollers or any other stroller that would be good for outside use. We have been taking walks with an umbrella stroller and on uneven side walks and long walks, it sucks!

Does any one have any recommendations? Any thing to definately stay away from?

I've been looking at the Bumble Ride Rocket, but trying to justify the price. Does anyone know where to find a used one? Ebay doesn't have any.

TIA,

Sandy
Save your money and get an INStep Safari ( Single or Double ) walker/Jogger...the seats are comfy....and the wheel in front swivels or not.
MamaJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #5
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sandy - Isn't that the worst part? I actually drove to the only shop in the state that offers them (1 hr away) because I wanted mine *immediately*. They only had red in stock (I had wanted the blue that was offered at the time). Instead of waiting for them to order it, though, I took their last red one. I'm so impatient!

Enjoy it!!!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #6
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Check out a Chariot; they have them at REI. We have one and it's the perfect stroller. It converts, so it's a bike trailor, jogging stroller, or a walking stroller. Unlike most jogging strollers, the stroller wheels swivel, so it handles like a dream. Wherever we go people are always asking envious questions about it and drooling. It's worth the look!

Also, do you babywear? I use my Ergo for long hikes (I'm talking miles in the mountains), and a mei tai for shorter walks. They are definitely cheaper than a new stroller, and you get more of a work out. And I've carried kids over 30 pounds in them.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #7
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Ooo- that BumbleRide Rocket is slick! I love that swiveling front wheel ... that's my biggest whine about our jogging stroller - the fixed front wheel.

Personally, I can't justify that kind of $$ on a stroller. A car seat, sure, but we barely use our strollers - we either wear her or put her in the shopping cart when we go shopping, and most of our walks are just sidewalk walks where our travel system stroller is just fine. We got a $100 jogger for "off-roading" and a $10 umbrella stroller for when we just need a light stroller. And now with my Ergo, I'm sure these will all see even less use!