Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
Delilah's Mama
Baby Badunkadunk
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does back labor feel like? Seriously.

I don't know if I can even descibe it. It was the worst pain I could imagine. My regular ctx were cake.

I think it felt like a bone in my back was breaking loose through my skin.
I had soreness the whole time, but only the awful pain during ctx.
My midwives had to massage and hold heating pads on the area just to keep me sane.

I don't think you would be functioning if you were having back labor right now. What you are describing sounds like normal late pregnancy stuff.

For your sake, I hope I am right!

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
MamaEli
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah's Mama View Post
I don't know if I can even descibe it. It was the worst pain I could imagine. My regular ctx were cake.

I think it felt like a bone in my back was breaking loose through my skin.
I had soreness the whole time, but only the awful pain during ctx.
My midwives had to massage and hold heating pads on the area just to keep me sane.

I don't think you would be functioning if you were having back labor right now. What you are describing sounds like normal late pregnancy stuff.

For your sake, I hope I am right!
ITA. It's like two spoons being twisted in your back muscles, and no matter what position you get into (me, hanging on to the back of the couch or the counter, on all 4s like I'm wagging my "tail", trying to squat, etc.) nothing helps. You don't feel anything in front, and sometimes the pain radiates down your thighs to your knees in a painful numbness, if that makes sense. Oh, it hurt. I lasted to 6cm...then got the epi. I just remember hanging on the couch for dear life, trying to distract myself with an episode of Law and Order, waiting desperately for Dh to get home from work, trying to tell my friend it wasn't "that" bad....it was bad. And then the pushing a baby sunny side up--also not fun, since he kept getting hung up on my pelvic bone and sucked back in. *sigh* If that's what happens with this one, I'll have to get through it drug free!

Give yourself a rest, put up your feet, and try a heating pad on the back. I get terrible lower backaches now, especially if I'm lifting/carrying/wearing DD all day. I've even taken Tylenol twice, and I think it saved my life...I could barely walk those nights without a staggering, Frankenstein like lurch because of the back pain. Also try stretching--sit on the edge of the bed, put on foot on the floor and bring the other up almost cross legged style. Then lean forward as far as you can so you can feel the muscles stretch. Then do the other side. You can also lay on the floor on your back, bring one knee up and pull your foot over the other knee (which is just out in front of you.) Try to reach your knee that is up and pull it toward you.....kind of hard to visualize. But it helps!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #13
lovingmybabies24
Registered Users

With my first ds, my water broke and I did not go into labor. I had back pain, but it was not doing anything, and I had to be induced. With my second ds, although I had back pain, it did not start until my labor started, and I really did not notice it b/c my labor was so fast (2 hours) but I will say that was the only pain I felt. It felt like a burning sensation for me. Like something very hot was in there. Both times. It may have been worse at the end of my second labor, but I honestly think that most of it was just a burning. I could not lay on my back or anything, it was just too bad to do. Made me want to
lovingmybabies24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #14
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Like being electrocuted in your back.
It's like having a cattle prod stuck in yur lowr back and feeling teh electricity spread out. It is NOTHING like feeling a "contraction in your back". It's like being electrocuted.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote