Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #11
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Re: Highly Recommend Nature's Sunshine 5-W Herbal Formula

Yup 5-W and red raspberry are wonderful... I also used evening primrose oil tablets that I popped a hole in and inserted in my nether regions to soften the cervix

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
DollFin511
Registered Users

Some of you asked if you should take 5-W if you had a fast delivery last time.

5-W is not going to make your body do anything it shouldn't do or that is unhealthy, it is going to nourish you and make it easier for your body to recover from L&D.

Obviously no one is saying you have to take it, but it's only going to be good nourishment, it's not going to cause anything unhealthy to happen to your body. It is going to allow your body to do everything the way it is supposed to, quickly and efficiently, and then after delivery, it will help your body recover more quickly. (so your uterus returns to normal, etc)

I hope that answers some questions. :-)

(I'm an herbalist and I specialize in Nature's Sunshine's products. Why? Because they WORK)
DollFin511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
allymom
Registered Users

I have used 5-W for 2 of my pregnancies out of 4.

#1, did not use 5-W, 36 hour labor, 1 week late, 17 min. of pushing, but the entire ordeal was horribly painful!

#2, used 5-W, 4 days early, 5 hour labor, maybe 30-60 min. of that was pushing (contractions were super spaced out), everything went quite well and the pain was very manageable.

#3, did not use 5-W since DH was deployed and only had a short window that he'd be home, didn't want to chance baby being born early. She was 1 day late, 4 hour labor, pain and pushing were not nearly as manageable as with #2.

#4, used 5-W, baby was 9 days early, labor was 1.5 hours, super fast, super easy, pushing was about 5 min.

33.5 weeks pregnant with #5 and getting ready to order some more 5-W since I can clearly see a pattern for me that it helps the babies come a little earlier and my labors are so much easier and more manageable with it.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Interesting! I took RRL tea the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy (at least 4 cups a day) and had a very fast labor- I'll have to bookmark this for the next one
Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

If I know I will be induced between 38-39 weeks would it be better to start this at 35 weeks (of what should be my last 5 weeks of pregnancy) or start it at like 33 weeks since I know in reality those will be my last 5 weeks?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 100 years until I will be 35 weeks, but I will remember this! Anything to help Even though DD "fell out" with 1 push
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #17
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFin511 View Post
Some of you asked if you should take 5-W if you had a fast delivery last time.

5-W is not going to make your body do anything it shouldn't do or that is unhealthy, it is going to nourish you and make it easier for your body to recover from L&D.

Obviously no one is saying you have to take it, but it's only going to be good nourishment, it's not going to cause anything unhealthy to happen to your body. It is going to allow your body to do everything the way it is supposed to, quickly and efficiently, and then after delivery, it will help your body recover more quickly. (so your uterus returns to normal, etc)

I hope that answers some questions. :-)

(I'm an herbalist and I specialize in Nature's Sunshine's products. Why? Because they WORK)
Hi, i am having a heck of a time keeping my prenatal vitamins down- I throw them up daily. I throw most things up daily at the moment... Does Nature's Sunshine have a gentle prenatal or anything you would recommend?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #18
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE 5-w! Took it with my last pregnancy my labor was short and relatively pain free. I will be taking it again this time!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
allymom
Registered Users

Greenbabybottoms, I would not start it until 35 weeks. You don't want to risk going into labor prematurely. But of course, take the 5 or 6 a day starting out at 35 weeks. I often only take 2-3 a day until I hit 37 weeks since I don't want to risk going into labor too early.

Sara, I forgot, but with my last birth (which was only 1.5 hours and very easy!), I also drank a whole gallon of RRL tea with some added labor-aide herbs (from my midwife) at the beginning of labor.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #20
chickpeaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Where's the best place to order from? I used it last time but my doula got it for me...this time I'm on my own as she's out of town for a few weeks assisting with her sister's birth and new baby. Does anybody have it for less than anyone else? Or not charge an arm and a leg for shipping?