Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Laundering Questions

First, what is a wet pail?

and also, when do you suggest investing in a diaper sprayer? My son is still EBF, and I use a diaper pail and do laundry every day or every other day, so I don't do anything but toss em in the pail and once in a while have mild staining problems (got my lemon juice for that) lol So just curious, when is a good time to start using it, or could it even help a lot now?

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: Laundering Questions

a wet pail is like a trash can with some water/baking soda or what ever you want to add at the bottom for stinkes. i think what makes it a wet is rinsing off diapers and then letting them sit till wash day.

someone else can prob better answer that

diaper sprayer~~hmmm joe is 8months and STILL EBF (no food for him) i guess you could wait till hes eating more soilds and you have things to rinse off, KWIM LOL

we have a hanging dry pail that all diapers go into. i dont do any prerinsing and if we have stains i sun them out.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #3
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah that's basically what I do hehe, we are trying him on solids cause he "wants to" LOL but then when we offer them he doesn't always want em so we try, if he refuses wait a few weeks, sometimes he'll have a bit of cereal for a few days then decide he doesn't want anymore lol
Old 09-10-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

thats how it is here also! in fact he was off solids for about a month bc he was vomiting after eating one day. i reintroduced them and now hes gagging on cereal and veggies.. so are back to waiting!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A wet pail is what my mother used back in the day...she would fill the pail halfway up with water and a little bleach, then throw the wet dipes and swished/flushed poopies in until wash day. On wash days she would dump the whole thing in the washer, spin it out, then run one hot wash cycle.

A dry pail is when you throw the wet or rinsed out poopies in a pail with no water in it. I think most people are dry pailing it these days. I do keep a little 3 gallon bucket next to my toilet to soak a sprayed off poopy with a little Charlies soap for an hour or two then spray it out and drop it in the "dry" pail until wash day. It keeps staining down on my dipes.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:43 AM   #6
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh yeah, I wish I'd invested in my sprayer sooner...I EBF'd until 7 months and have only had my Potty Pail/sprayer for a couple months. I love the sprayer!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #7
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies

poor babe Rachael

so where can I get a good sprayer at a decent price? so far I've seen some for 40 (I had made a thread while back) so is that about average for one?
Old 09-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #8
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got mine here: http://www.pottypail.com/ I couldn't live without the pottypail too, it keeps the poopy water from splashing all over the bathroom. I use a small pail that fits inside it to soak, the rubber stopper isn't reliable to take off the toilet while soaking for a couple hours.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #9
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks hun!