Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thirsties comparison to IPF and review...

So Friday I got my first Thristies unbleached Baby Priemium Prefolds. I was washing them as people on here were asking for a review and or comparison.

Well, they are about as soft as infant prefolds, but maybe that is because they are brand new, I'm not sure. They quilt up nice, but not as fluffly IMO as IPFs. Here is the major difference: the sizing is MUCH bigger than IPFs. Let me tell you that I ordered premiums in Thirsties and I got the same size as my Toddler IPFs. So that threw me a bit. I really don't need that much diaper for Asher yet. So I think I have to order some premium indian prefolds to get the right size. I'm soooo confused

Now I'm wondering how much bigger Thristies infant prefolds will be than my infant IPFs. I can't compare since I don't know, but Sarah if you are reading this you will probably be better than fine with infant size in Thirsties. because these diapers run so much larger. I'll be waiting to hear if you can do a fold with Willam and pin them closed. If so I'll be ordering some infant ones...

So, all in all the quality seems almost as nice (but not 100% as nice) as Indians and the sizing is Much bigger!

HTH those that were wanting a review. Since Thirsties were so much cheaper than Indian I think they are a good value, but I need them a bit smaller.

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thirsties comparison to IPF and review...

wow....now i don't know what to do lol. i got my infant IPF pretty cheap from ganitesmith (the same price as thirsties) and didn't realize until recently (when trying to figure out what to buy for premiums) how much indians normally are. so i don't know WHAT TO DO!!! LOL

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me either! My infant indians are too short for Large inserts ( better for small and med) so should I get Thristies infants? Seems silly since I have a 16 mo old and a 3 year old.

I could just order priemum ipf from http://www.nossgalenbaby.com/diaper_accessories.html
They are only $1.50 each and I can order as few or many as I want... But I have to pay shipping. hmmm....
Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got some infant Thirsties prefolds, and I really like them. After all the washing they came out the same size as our Chinese prefolds, but are so nice and soft, just as much so as our Indians. While I love the softness of Indian prefolds, I really don't care for the dimensions at all. They are way too narrow and way too long. Since I have chubby babies, I like the extra width that the Chinese and Thirsties offer but without so much excess length. The Thirsties I have are every bit as nice and soft as the Indians, if not maybe a tad softer. Oh, and the Thirsties were more expensive than the Indians.

Last edited by shreck; 09-10-2006 at 02:54 PM.
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you might see if you can find european prefolds. The infants are enough larger than the cpfs that I could snappi them when I couldn't anymore with the width of the cpfs and had long passed the ipfs.
I know integrity diaper company sells them and there are also reasonable ipfs at www.myclothdiaper.com
I personally find that the euros don't quilt as much but are plenty soft and seem sturdier than even the cpfs. I have no problem snappi-ing them as I read you could have.
sort of a side note to the thread
Old 09-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy
you might see if you can find european prefolds. The infants are enough larger than the cpfs that I could snappi them when I couldn't anymore with the width of the cpfs and had long passed the ipfs.
I know integrity diaper company sells them and there are also reasonable ipfs at www.myclothdiaper.com
I personally find that the euros don't quilt as much but are plenty soft and seem sturdier than even the cpfs. I have no problem snappi-ing them as I read you could have.
sort of a side note to the thread

They got cheap shipping too! 36 preemies ship for 5.00
Old 09-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreck
I just got some infant Thirsties prefolds, and I really like them. After all the washing they came out the same size as our Chinese prefolds, but are so nice and soft, just as much so as our Indians. While I love the softness of Indian prefolds, I really don't care for the dimensions at all. They are way too narrow and way too long. Since I have chubby babies, I like the extra width that the Chinese and Thirsties offer but without so much excess length. The Thirsties I have are every bit as nice and soft as the Indians, if not maybe a tad softer. Oh, and the Thirsties were more expensive than the Indians.
But you are talking about infant size. I love the size of my IPF premiums and they fit my son perfect, while the Thristies Baby Premiums are the same size as the IPF Toddlers and are too big right now for my son. But the actual diapers are nice quality.

I got a package of 6 Thristies prefolds from http:www.mamacommune.com for $11.00 minus 10% ($9.90) when she was having a sale and that included shipping. That is an amazing price even without the sale. The Premiums IPFs at http://www.nossgalenbaby.com/diaper_accessories.html are $1.50 each but charge a shipping fee and I think it is around $5.00 or so... So I paid less for Thristies than I could have paid for IPFs. Don't get me wrong either I like the Thristies. Just the sizing threw me since I have never used a CPF before.

If you are used to CP sizing then these will make sense to you. They just are one size bigger compared to IPFs.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I hope you're right Lisa. I just put in a message to find out where mine are. I ordered them Saturday, she shipped Tuesday, and almost a week later I still don't have them. I wonder why I had to pay shipping. I bought them during the same sale...... Anyway, I'm excited to try my first prefolds. I plan to only use them for stuffing pockets, so the size is less important than the "thirstiness" !

William took a 3.5 hour nap today. He's sick, and didn't leak out of his double prefold (Gerber) so I'm hoping that one thirsty will work with a hemp doubler.