Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD Going into hospital What to use??

Okay our DD is HUGELY sick like can't breathe coughing phlem vomiting chills etc.

We are going to see the doc on Wednesday, earliest we could get in, because I REFUSE to bring her to the hospital right now. Everytime we have gone we have sat there for HOURS without being seen. One time we were there from 8pm unitl 4am (we went home at 4am because the Dr's office was opening in 4 hours anyway so we would probably get seen sooner) and still were in the ER waiting room without being seen, when we told the traige nurse that she had stopped breathing 2 times which was why we were there and was havign seizures she said "well if she stops breathing again come and get me but I can't guarantee we will be able to help her I might be busy". SERIOUSLY SHE SAID THAT. You wanted to see my DH FREAK!

Anyway since then we just don't go to the hospital unless someone is dying.

From the looks of DD she will most likely end up with a stay in the hospital, she has been before and the nurse in Dr's office warned me on the phone.

SO Question!

We just started CDing and we only have 1 AIO and no fitted for her. I would really LOVE for her to be in CD's in the hospital, I will most likely stay with her if they let me. She's already so sick I just want her to feel the nice cloth against her bum and not the sposie. YUCK!

SOOOOO where can I get AIO's or AI2's or fitteds for SUPER cheap and SUPER quick, super cheap so I don't have to worry if something happens to them in the hospital??

OR should I just give in and go with sposies??

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DD Going into hospital What to use??

unfortunatly, I think you may need to give in and go with sposies its not the best option, but I don't think you'll get anything in time for the hospital stay.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
bryansmama15
Registered Users

My Mood:

maybe you shuld try try the g diaper. i know you wanted them to be cozy but instead of sposies i think these are a better choice. you can buy them at your local stores such as natures, new seasons, wholefoods and zupans
sarah
Old 09-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I am thinking that also now too. DD has gotten worse over the past couple hours and I think we are going to have to take her to the hospital.

I just wish my DH would get home now so we can go he's at Church. Ahhh.

Well I'm going to bring some PF's and 2 covers and our AIO and use those until they run out then we will give in and do the sposies.

Looks like when things get better I will be buying tons of AIO's.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I'd just go with sposies.

Is there another hospital near you? That is ridiculous for them to treat you that way with a BABY! If she isn't breating, call 911 and have an ambulance come. You'll be treated right away.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea
I'd just go with sposies.

Is there another hospital near you? That is ridiculous for them to treat you that way with a BABY! If she isn't breating, call 911 and have an ambulance come. You'll be treated right away.
Ya I think I am going to give in to the Sposies.

There is another hospital the next town over but to get seen in their Children's dept you have to be referred there or something.

But maybe it makes more sense to just go there to the ER then we are there and they can take us in the Childrens Dept.

If she stops breathing again I'm just going to call 911 definately but that night we were there 2 people came in in ambulances and they were actually waiting in the ER waiting room longer than we were without being seen.

CRAZY!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #7
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Girl if she is that sick...get her in today. I wouldn't wait!

Second, take the cds you have. You can use whatever system you use now there...just take a big wetbag and have dh wash em at night. If my ds had to go in, which he has twice (both before we cd), then I would take em with me. I would jsut use whatever ones I have clean, shove em in a bag with a wetbag and go.

Good Luck and let us know how she is.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #8
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

probably way too late to be useful. I use wool longies in hosp b/c the rooms are a bit chilly. I use their PF's w/ a snappi (now that I know they'll go grab stacks from maternity if I just ASK) and I bring some good fitteds for overnight. However you have to weigh each dipe before you put it on and record it for them. They REALLY like the I/O chart to be right (ins and outs records fluid intake oral and via IV and output). You can also use just their prefolds and a few wraps. Bumkins are kind of boring, but they are easy for hospital use. PM if you need more info, we've done the CD at the hospital thing tons and tons of times.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

omg thats crazy, too long of a wait and very unprofessional of her to say that, i'd get her name along with anything else as prrof of what time you got there and what was happening with your baby and call the better business people! thats ridiculous!

i think your going to have to do spozies too, we have to use them at ours, it sucks but thats the rules, if you have another hospital id go their and do not wait until wwed, the baby stopping the breathing needs immediate attention!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd just go w/ disposables. I get the 7th Generation ones and they are nicer - they work well and don't have any chlorine, so they don't have that dispoable smell. I don't use them often, but if its going to be a huge hassle, I just bring those with me. we used them for daytrips when our friends were visiting, for example.

I really hope you get the medical help you need! Poor kiddo.