Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
halyled
Registered Users
seller

Need advice...WWYD?

At the beginning of August I purchased a dipe and some inserts from a mama with good feedback. Two weeks passed and I didn't receive my items (though I received other items I purchased after this transaction). So I pm'ed the mama. After a day or two, she pm'ed me back saying she thought she had taken my package to the post office, but upon searching found it near her desk (it had fallen or something). She offered to mail it or refund my money. At that point I was still interested, so I told her to go ahead and send it. She promised to put it in the mail the following day. About a week after that, she posted publicly that she was having issues at home and promised to take care of any deals she had in progress. I still haven't received the items I paid for, and the 45 day limit with paypal is approaching.

I'm sympathetic...but I'm also out $$, and money is tight with us, too! I'm not longer really even interested in these items. The mama doesn't seem to have been active on DS since she posted about her troubles.

So...what would you do in my shoes?

Advertisement

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice...WWYD?

Dont let your 45 day limit expire.

I would check the mama's feedback again and see if anything has changed.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
halyled
Registered Users
seller

I've been checking. Nothing negative has been posted yet. But I'm pretty sure I've seen a message from at least one other person who is still waiting on something from this mama.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i know it might be hard to go and do but you need to file with paypal, do not let your 45 days expire. if you need help filing or have questions, there are willing mamas to help explain hwo to write it out.
when you file all that they will do is open your case, and begin the process~email the seller and wait for a reply~if your package shows up GREAT, close the dispute, but if it doesn't arrive them you have your claim in and can get your refund and won't have to be out both for not filing to begin with.goodluck and im sorry your going through this, i hate that it seems alot of this has been going on around here lately
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Don't let the time expire and file ASAP. I know you want to be sympathetic to her situation, BUT you have to take care of YOU first and you need that money for something that you can use. She's had use of that money for all this time and you have nothing. Sorry you didn't get your stuff
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hate to say it, but you need to report her. problems at home or not, you need to take care of your own family too.

if you wanna be nice, pm her again and let her know so she can make it right on her own first.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
halyled
Registered Users
seller

I went ahead and opened the dispute. I PM'd her, too, so we'll see what happens. Thanks, all.

ETA:

One more question...now that I've opened a dispute, how long should I wait before escalating it to a claim?

Last edited by halyled; 09-11-2006 at 07:42 AM.