Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:
Chiro question

I am thinking about going to see a chiropractor to help with lower back pain. I was told to see someone that is webster's technique certified. Is that necessary? If I am understanding correctly, that is a technique used to flip a breech baby, which I'm not concerned about right now.

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chiro question

I have been seeing a Chiro for the last month or so due to the fact that my DS was sitting on my sciatic nerve. Some people told me that it wouldn't really help- but let me tell you- I am so glad that I went!! I still have a dull ache in that side of my lower back but I can move around, pick up my DD, walk up stairs, etc. without sharp shooting pains. I was told when picking out a Chiro while pregnant to find one that specialized in women's health issues. Apparently some Chiros don't know how to properly adjust pregnant women but there are extra courses that they can take to learn how to properly adjust the back, pelvis, and pubic bone to be in proper alignment for the birth of baby. Good luck finding one!
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I saw a chiro the whole pregnancy last time and had no back or hip pain at all. This time I waited until I had pain to see him. I had one adjustment a month ago because I was having lower back/hip pain. He adjusted my lower back and I've had no pain since. I don't think he was specially trained to do pregnancy chiro care, but he's really gentle. I think looking for one that is would be a good idea. Good luck.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

You are probably being advised to look for Webster's certification on the grounds that a Chiro that has that training probably also has some expertise (and a special table) for safely treating pregnant women.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
Formerly: duckpondatdusk
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilismom View Post
You are probably being advised to look for Webster's certification on the grounds that a Chiro that has that training probably also has some expertise (and a special table) for safely treating pregnant women.

Exactly right! They have the nice belly pillows and special tables that drop in the belly area. Look for a female Webster certified who is also a mom-she'll have extra insight...
Old 04-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckpondatdusk View Post
Exactly right! They have the nice belly pillows and special tables that drop in the belly area. Look for a female Webster certified who is also a mom-she'll have extra insight...
Yes, all this AND if they are trained in Webster's, they can adjust your ligaments and so forth to make carrying the baby more comfy. Plus, if you DO need the baby turned later, that is not something you want to shop for at the last minute. You want someone who is familiar with your body and your baby's progress. I would not go to a chiro that didn't have extensive experience with pregnant women and wasn't Webster's certified! A lot of those "doc in the box" chiros that do primarily auto accidents and workman's comp could accidentally do more harm than good!
Old 04-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
happysahm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Yes, all this AND if they are trained in Webster's, they can adjust your ligaments and so forth to make carrying the baby more comfy. Plus, if you DO need the baby turned later, that is not something you want to shop for at the last minute. You want someone who is familiar with your body and your baby's progress. I would not go to a chiro that didn't have extensive experience with pregnant women and wasn't Webster's certified! A lot of those "doc in the box" chiros that do primarily auto accidents and workman's comp could accidentally do more harm than good!
Makes sense. I didn't know they made special tables. That is cool.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, I didn't realize you were in North Texas. I go to an excellent pediatric and webster-certifed chiro in Farmer's Branch. If that's a doable commute for you at all, I'd highly recommend it - I'd say there are probably only a few other chiros in the nation that have her experience and qualifications. If you want me to send me her info, PM me.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
happysahm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Mama, I didn't realize you were in North Texas. I go to an excellent pediatric and webster-certifed chiro in Farmer's Branch. If that's a doable commute for you at all, I'd highly recommend it - I'd say there are probably only a few other chiros in the nation that have her experience and qualifications. If you want me to send me her info, PM me.
I'm in Garland. I think FB would be too far of a commute for me. Especially with gas being do darned expensive right now. Thanks for the offer!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
oneofsix
Registered Users

My Mood:

While someone recommened a women who is a mom I will recommend a man who is a dad. More than likely he adjusted his own while during pg and would know just what you need .

Seriously though a chiro is great during pg if you can see one, def do.