Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Twin Mamas that had them @ 34-35-36.6days??? PLEASE

Okay just sort of a revisit from the post I posted on twin belly pictures but just a couple detail questions.

FOr those that had their twins at 34 up to 37 weeks. Can you tell me how many weeks and days you were and the weight of the twins. And if the needed any NICU care and if so what. DID they need oxygen or did they come home with you right away or you had them at home?
Thanks for all this help.

Also did you go naturally into labor on your own and vaginal or c-sec.
Thanks again I totally appreciate it - hope to hear from many of you again because I noticed a lot in the range.

I am 35 weeks today at least by my usuall 25 days cycle otherwise I would be 35 weeks on Tuesday.

So excited to see who these little ones are. Their weights and such. Truly amazing. I was have contractions last night so just want to see where others were at.

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twin Mamas that had them @ 34-35-36.6days??? PLEASE

I had my twins at 35 and 1 day. My water broke and I went into labor on my own. They were 3lbs 14oz and 5lbs 5oz. They required no NICU care, O2 or anything else. We went home three days later. I had a c/s, baby A was breech.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

That is so nice to hear. Come on mamas I know there were many more of you from my twin belly pictures thread. Come on in and let me know.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
Old 04-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had mine at the end of my 33rd week. I went into labor on my own and due to me starting to develop pre-e they delivered. I had a c/s because baby A was a complete breech.

Baby A (girl) weighed 4lbs 11oz
Baby B (boy) weighed 5lbs 12 oz

They required no NICU and no O2. Baby B had low blood sugar at birth and was immediately given formula to bring it up. They went home with me 4 days later. My ds did not want to take the energy to nurse and I gave up on him. My dd nursed like a champ. My dd also gained weight and height faster.....still does.

GL
Old 04-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Xblessed View Post
I had mine at the end of my 33rd week. I went into labor on my own and due to me starting to develop pre-e they delivered. I had a c/s because baby A was a complete breech.

Baby A (girl) weighed 4lbs 11oz
Baby B (boy) weighed 5lbs 12 oz

They required no NICU and no O2. Baby B had low blood sugar at birth and was immediately given formula to bring it up. They went home with me 4 days later. My ds did not want to take the energy to nurse and I gave up on him. My dd nursed like a champ. My dd also gained weight and height faster.....still does.

GL

Wow that is amazing and you did not have any of the drugs to mature the lungs either? That is so awesome.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No drugs for their lungs....They say that the stress of the preg. helps develop the lungs.

I do know friends whos kids were born at the same gestation and did have nicu time so there is variation.....we were just lucky!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
amy_mendelblatt
Registered Users

My twins were born at 34 weeks and 2 days. I had been on bedrest for 3 months, and recieved Betamethasone at 27 weeks (approx) to help mature their lungs. I went into labor spontaneously, but had a c-section. The twins were 4lb 7oz and 3 lb 15.5 oz, they were in the Special Care nursery (stepdown from NICU) for 10 days, and never recieved any oxygen.

Adam, the bigger of the two had a feeding tube for a few days, but after he pulled it out (!!) they decided not to reinsert it unless he needed it again, and he didn't.

Mostly they were just in the hospital to get bigger. When they came home Adam was a bit over 4 lbs, and Reid was 4 lbs EVEN.

Because they were so small, they didn't start nursing effectively until they were about a month old, but were exclusively getting Breastmilk from a bottle. Now, at almost 4 months old, they nurse like champs.

Good luck!
amy_mendelblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
lovemy3boys
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
seller

My Mood:

i had mine at exactly 33 weeks so i doubt you really wanna hear from me :P but i'll tell you anyway cause i like to share

I was having contractions for 3 weeks and on bedrest & terbutaline. but got to a point where they couldn't let me keep going so they gave me steriods 13 hours and 1 hour before they were born and they didn't want to risk l&d so i had a c-section.. which was good cause turns out they shared a sac.. anyway.

they didn't have any rushy rushy to get them to the nursery.. the hospital i was in nolonger had a nicu (wish they would have told me that BEFORE they deliverd my babies!) one had retraction but recovered very quickly, the other had a small amount of fluid in his lung and was giving surfactant and it cleared up within a few hours. neither NEEDED breathign assistance but they alwasy put the hood over them for a period of time. they were 4lbs 12oz and 4lbs 15oz.. very healthy for twins AND 33 weekers no setbacks.. they were moved from first hospital to a second hospital and then again to one closer to me (1st move was on day 1 for baby b and day 6 for baby a, second move was at the end of week 2 and they came home at 18 & 19 days respectively). only things they needed were to learn to eat and hold thier temps.

I think you've hit a point where you have a very very very likely chance to have them happy and healthy and go home with them within a few days! but always always expect to be there until thier due date.. that way you can't get your hopes up. that's what all the doctors always said.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
TwinsMake9
Registered Users
seller

My first set were born at 36 weeks 2 days. They were born vaginally as well and weighed 6lbs 5ox and 6lbs 3oz. My daughter was sent to the bigger hospitals NICU 5 days later because she was born with a rare skin condition called epidermolysis bullosa and had many issues because of it. It had nothing to do with being premature.

Second set were born at exactly 35 weeks, they were born vaginally as well and weighed 5lb 4oz and 4lb 15 oz. ( we were in the hospital for over a week stopping labor at 33 weeks) They were in the hospital for 5 days but had alot of preemie issues that we still deal with to this day and they are now 8 1/2 months old. They have terrible reflux and do not gain weight well. They are just now hitting 12lbs

I just wanna say good luck!! Twins are alot of fun and it looks like you got alot of other kiddos too as we had 7, then our 2 sets of twins!! PM me anytime!!

Last edited by TwinsMake9; 04-21-2008 at 01:25 PM.
TwinsMake9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
Ima_to_6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

34weeks 4days (after PTL at 25 weeks & 9 weeks of bedrest)

5lbs 2oz and 5lbs 8oz

Went into labor spontaneously after dr. said I could get up from bedrest at 34 weeks. Baby A was vaginal, Baby B was c-section (she flipped from vertex to breech after A was born).

Both were in NICU for 4 days (hosp. policy for babies under 35 weeks), then transferred to a SCN close to our home for another week and 2 weeks. They didn't require any oxygen (had steroids at 25 weeks) or help with keeping their temps, they were strictly "growers and feeders". I think that had they been born just a few days later we would have been able to take them home with us. The NICU stay was strictly policy, and once transferred I felt like they just wanted to be extra cautious and that they were there unnecessarily.

Have you been having growth ultrasounds? That'll give you a good idea of weights. Even babies that make it this far gestationally can have size discordances (one mama I know has one baby measuring about 3.5 lbs and the other 6lbs- babies are coming tonight due to size difference).