Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #11
mom27wonders
Registered Users
Formerly: mom23cs
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twin Mamas that had them @ 34-35-36.6days??? PLEASE

I had mine at 35w5d. They didn't need any NICU time and came home with me after 3 days. They weighed 5.0 and 5.2 at birth. I had a scheduled c-section that was moved up because I was in labor. When I got to the hospital for the section, I was dilated to 6 and 80% effaced.

Good luck with your twins! i know how hard it is to wait these last few weeks and how uncomfortable it can be

Advertisement

mom27wonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
laj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started having mild, but regular (10 mins apart), contractions around 36 weeks and my guys were born at 37w1d. At my last appt (36w4d) my u/s showed a significant size difference, so they scheduled an induction, but when I showed up at the hospital I was already in the early stages of labor. At 4:30pm I was 2cm's, but since my cervix wasn't softening they gave me cervadil (sp?). My boys were born vaginally (baby A was head down and baby B was transverse) at 10:26pm and 10:30pm. They were 5lbs11oz and 5lbs8oz (so the u/s was misleading). They roomed with me at the hospital and we all came home 2 1/2 days later. Matthew (baby A) had weight gain issues, but other than that, everything was great! Congratulations and good luck!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was exactly 35 weeks. (They said I was 35 weeks, 5 days but I know when I got preggo.) My girls were 4lbs 7.5 oz and 4lbs 10.5 oz. They were born exactly an hour and half apart. I did have pit becaue I had been in labor for about 35 hours already. My total labor was 60 hours. The girls were in the NICU for 16 days and 19 days. Robyn had blood in her stools so they pulled her off feeds for 4 days to try to figure out why but couldn't so put her back on her feeds. (Turns out that they are both allergic to dairy.) They came home at around 5 lbs. Josie stayed the last 3 days of her 16 day stay because we didn't want Robyn to be alone but then they ran out of beds so they had to send her home. The girls are both still skinny but are at the 90% for their height, not adjusted. They did have problems keeping their temps up until they were about 6 months old.

Edited to add: My girls were on O2. They weaned to nasal canula at around 2 days and had feeding tubes for most of their stay. I was allowed to BF them starting on day 4. If you ever have and NICU questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Twinvillageiowa; 04-22-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Twinvillageiowa is offline   Reply With Quote