Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
cakemaven
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you ever lost a friend because of BFing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalDarkness View Post
Sort of, but not exactly that way. I would avoid discussing breastfeeding with her. Once you have the baby, see how things go with nursing around her. If she is uncomfortable or makes comments or asks you not to nurse around her, then I would end the friendship.
ITA... The fact is that *you* should not be made to feel uncomfortable about BFing. It is not your fault that she has issues with breasts and what they were meant for. But here is also something to consider, if she is so willing to pass judgement on and so quick to run to tell someone else about how disgusted she was, what kind of person is she really? The woman was even covered up (which shouldn't matter) and so she's making something out of nothing. That's just not the type of *friend* I would want to spend my time with...

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #12
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I got mad at my beast friend b/c she was going on about how bfing over a year wasn't right, etc. Also many other parenting decisions. However, she doesn't have kids yet so I just told her we would see and told her that if she thought it was wrong to not come around. We both forgot about it and don't talk about that anymore.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #13
mamoo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I lost alot of friends because of my whole attachment parenting way, not just the bfing. All of my old friends wanted to go out and party, and once I wouldn't do that anymore, I didn't hear from them hardly at all. I guess they just weren't the good friends that I thought they were. I also had one friend that wasn't into the party scene, and has 4 kids. Even though we were opposites in our parenting ways, we always tried to avoid the topics we disagreed on. We always had alot of fun, but I think she started getting really uncomfortable with my dd nursing in front of her once she was over one year old. I moved about an hour away and our friendship has really died out. Last time I saw her, ds was about 6 monthes old. She was holding him and said to me, "I don't care what anyone says, breastmilk stinks WAY worse than formula!" I didn't really say anything, but haven't talked to her since