Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
has anyones hair changed

since being preggo??????

every day my hair seems to be getting curly and i dont know whats up with that-- i have straight as a board hair and dont sleep with it wet or in a bun/pony tail so i cant figure out what is causing my hair to change.......... any insight?????

Advertisement

Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

Re: has anyones hair changed

My hair hasn't changed as far as curly/straight goes, but it has been growing faster and then falling out like you wouldn't believe. It weird... I don't remember my hair falling out like this until after the birth!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibology29 View Post
My hair hasn't changed as far as curly/straight goes, but it has been growing faster and then falling out like you wouldn't believe. It weird... I don't remember my hair falling out like this until after the birth!
oh my hair is falling out too its insane and gross... i get my thyroid check if it its not normal for u....
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
haelyn79
Registered Users
seller

I'm not currently pregnant, but my hair got curlier and curlier each time I was preggo. With my first, it started getting wavy in the back (it was stick straight to begin with). With my second, it started getting wavy all over and curly in the back. I can *almost* wear it curly now, but there are still some sections that are pretty darn straight, so it looks funny. Maybe next time. LOL!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it has gotten thicker and longer, but that's about it... Otherwise it's the same.

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had pretty straight hair before having my dd, not bone straight but not wavy. I dont remember if it started while I was pg with dd or right after I had her but it has gotten wavier and wavier. She is 2 yo now and I pg with #2 and I gave up on blow drying and straightening and I can now wear it wavy/curly and it looks pretty good. The back is getting pretty curly and the rest is wavy. It is starting to grow on me now that I can wash and go and let it be curly. Luckily it isnt to frizzy. I wonder how curly it will get by the time this baby arrives. I'd be afraid to see it after #3 , yikes!
Old 04-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

not the hair on my head!

Before my first pregnancy I had never, ever grown armpit hair, I was always 100% smooth there and never had to worry about shaving, but then with my first pregnancy it popped out and has never stopped since
Old 04-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine grows much faster in pregnancy. I have wavy hair and w/ my last my hair got much more curly.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadassahSukkot View Post
it has gotten thicker and longer, but that's about it... Otherwise it's the same.
Same.

But, PP with my DD I lost a ton of hair. I thought I was going to go bald. Seriously. I am HOPING that does not happen again.

But, pregnancy can definitely change your hair.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #10
IHaveSpirit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With Ethan's pregnancy my hair turned curly - I have since had it chemically straightened so I am not sure if this pregnancy has made it curlier.

I also lose a lot of hair while pregnant, but I have a ton to begin with so it is no big deal
IHaveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote