Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
Did your baby turn head down late in the game?

Hi mamas! I am 35 wks now and baby is not wanting to stay head down. I can feel it on top by my ribcage most of the time and sometimes on the side. Every once in awhile I can't feel it in either of those two spots and I think that maybe it is actually head down, but that never lasts for very long.
I have had 3 vaginal births and am stressing out over the thought of a c/s this time. I have been reading & reading & reading on spinningbabies and have started doing inversions and laying on the floor with some pillows under my bum and my legs up on the couch for about 20 minutes at a time. When I am laying like that I can't feel the head, so I really think that the head is down, but the minute I get back up, I can feel it spin around again and then the head is back on top.
I have searched for a chiropractor certified in the Webster technique and the closest one is 90 miles from here, so I'm really hoping that baby will decide to flip in the next week so that I don't have to drive that far!
I'm just feeling so stressed out right now and I need to hear from mamas who have had babies turn head down after this point in pregnancy. Did you do anything special to encourage your LO to turn or did it just happen? Please share your stories with me so that I can stop feeling like I am doomed to have a c/s instead of the natural water birth that I've been planning & preparing for!

Advertisement

stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did your baby turn head down late in the game?

I didn't have a problem, but check out www.spinningbabies.com. Great site for this sort of thing. Good luck!

Oops, didn't see that you already visited there.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

DS turned at 39 weeks! I never really knew whether or not it was his head or feet when he was lying sideways but sometimes I would try to gently push him head down...since they told me he was breech. I don't have any clue if it helped and probably wouldn't bother to try that again, he really only just moved a little because I was "bugging him." The Dr's were going to turn him but didn't have to, he flipped on his own and stayed head down.

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
patcheskitty
Registered Users

My Mood:

He never really stopped moving. I had trouble sitting up and breathing at the same time because he wouldnt get his noggin out of my ribs on the right side. He did eventually turn though (although he came out sunny side up) but it worked for me!
patcheskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcheskitty View Post
He never really stopped moving. I had trouble sitting up and breathing at the same time because he wouldnt get his noggin out of my ribs on the right side. He did eventually turn though (although he came out sunny side up) but it worked for me!
That's exactly where this LO's head is all the time! In my ribs on my right side and it gets quite uncomfy! Glad to hear your DS turned head down!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Beard08 View Post
DS turned at 39 weeks! I never really knew whether or not it was his head or feet when he was lying sideways but sometimes I would try to gently push him head down...since they told me he was breech. I don't have any clue if it helped and probably wouldn't bother to try that again, he really only just moved a little because I was "bugging him." The Dr's were going to turn him but didn't have to, he flipped on his own and stayed head down.
Wow! 39 wks! I do that "bugging the baby" thing now. I mess with the head, try to push it to the side (very gently of course) and it just moves because I'm bugging it and then moves right back. I'm sure it won't do any good, but the head is really uncomfortable where it is and I want it out of there!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Sabey-baby
Registered Users
seller

At 27 weeks my unborn babe is still breech, too. If he hasn't turned by my next apt I'm going to start going to the pool (its getting warm enough now anway for the indoor one). I had a friend that had hers turn the day before she delivered. She had done all kinds of things, though. I plan on trying to deliver vaginally regardless and see how it goes. My dr is very supportive. And I honestly don't think my dh could handle a c/s. He can barely make it through a vag delivery w/out passing out. This last time he had a nurse standing next to him the whole time, he was so white. lol.

Good luck and keep us posted!
1/10/03, 2/2/06, 7/17/08, #12/19/11
I sew.
Sabey-baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

chiro, chiro, chiro You can get adjustments that allow your hips to line up and things which encourage head down position.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #9
Alexia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 2nd was breech until I week before I delivered....I also was doing stuff from spinning babies...don't worry mama, he'll turn when he's ready (((hugs))) and if he doesn't - how do you and you're doctor feel about breech deliveries? I know my midwife was willing to do one.
The Mommy Rambles...
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
My 2nd was breech until I week before I delivered....I also was doing stuff from spinning babies...don't worry mama, he'll turn when he's ready (((hugs))) and if he doesn't - how do you and you're doctor feel about breech deliveries? I know my midwife was willing to do one.
I'm seeing a midwife and I'm pretty sure she won't do breech deliveries. At least it says in her policies that she won't.