Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Possible Allergy?

I believe my son may be having an allery issue. He has a red "ring" around his anus (in my book by Dr. Sears, he says its a sure sign of food allergies) and has been extremely fussy/gassy. He is EBF and 7 weeks old. There hasn't been any change in my diet, but I did have some milk 2 days in a row. (I don't usually drink milk) It wasn't day I had a small glass of milk (maybe 6 oz??) with some oreos and then next day I drank the milk out of my cereal. Can this minimal amount cause such a reaction? I eat dairy products yougurt, cheese, ice cream and up till now have had no problems, so could the milk really be the culprit? I guess I just need some help figuring out what it may be.

Ky 10, Sissy 8, J 4, Krysta 3, Kyera 2, MC Nov 2011 , AND Lord PLEASE let us bring home a healthy baby boy due Jan 2013

Earn FREE paypal, gift cards, and MUCH more with Swagbucks
infantrywife_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Possible Allergy?

It could really be anything- the most common allergens are dairy, soy, and wheat. Does he have any other signs of food allergy? Liquid cows milk isn't doing it alone- when you hear about a baby having a milk allergy it is generally an allergy to cows protein so anything with milk in it will cause a reaction. Some people are so sensitive that they can not have cow meat.

Dr. Sears is a great resource, did you read this?
pbjmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
Shawna in CA
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Possible Allergy?

Next time you're at the doctor, you might want to consider getting your son a RAST test just so you can have some kind of jumping off point for possible food allergies.

It's not a perfect test, and isn't as accurate as a scratch test, but it's better than messing with your baby's skin, you know? It's just a simple blood test.
Mom to Samuel (15 yrs.), and Violet (6 mos.)

"If we switch to eating a vegan diet, we no longer have to "save the planet". Veganism allows the planet to save itself." ~~ Jeff Popick
Shawna in CA is offline   Reply With Quote