Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:
EBF baby getting something else?

My baby is EBF'ed. My MIL would mention giving him just a little cereal in his bottle when he was first born to help him sleep thru the night, and I told her no, and that I would know, because of his poops... She agreed not to, but now I'm not so sure.

Well, I don't think she has, but I'm not 100 % sure. The last 2 times they've watched him over night, his poops have been much less watery. More like melted peanut butter. Kinda goopy instead of runny.

Any comments/thoughts? I guess I will just see what happens the next time they keep him overnight.

Advertisement

proudmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
LClaire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBF baby getting something else?

If it's goopy/peanutbutter, he's definitely getting something else. If he's EBF, there really should be a huge change in his poop - not that much as far as textures, at least. If might change colors a little bit and be more or less curdy, but it definitely wouldn't thicken on it's own I'm so sorry mama - I'd be absolutely livid!
LClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would be FUMING!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #4
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

I asked my husband, and he said she wouldn't do that. I'm not so sure. Lately she doesn't seem to care about what we think. She got this swing to attach to a tree. It's for 9 months+. DS is only 3 months, and against our reservations, she stuck him in there w/ a bunch of blankets, and began talking to him telling him "Your parents are going to hold you back and make a sissy out of you! You're a big boy! blah blah blah"

It's not that she put him in the swing. I think he was pretty secure in there, and she was right there. It's that she seems to not care about our opinions for OUR son. It's hard, because she is SOOO GOOOD. She takes him whenever we need her too, and then some. The break for me is great. So I try to keep my mouth shut.

But if I get peanut butter poop again. I'm going to have to speak up. I hope it doesn't happen, because I've always had a good relationship with her. I hope it won't make things hard. Hopefully it was just a coincidence.
proudmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

If your MIL gave cereal in a bottle, I'd not let her EVER care for your baby again.

Its a choking hazard and is DANGEROUS beyond belief!!!

If you'd like proof of this, I'd be happy to supply you the links. She is endangering your baby, end the care with her IMMEDIATELY. And please have your baby looked at by your pedi.

Last edited by Maddie&Jake'sMom; 05-05-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just the fact that she doesn't mind talking bad about you to your baby would be enough for me to say no more babysitting! Wow, the nerve of some people!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWasIThinking View Post
Just the fact that she doesn't mind talking bad about you to your baby would be enough for me to say no more babysitting! Wow, the nerve of some people!

Then add in feeding something that you said not to. There are way too many stories on this site about family/friend feeding their children things without their permission and the child getting sick.

I would say something, pronto.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

If they were my inlaws, they wouldn't be left alone with any of my children ever again.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie'sMom View Post
If your MIL gave cereal in a bottle, I'd not let her EVER care for your baby again.

Its a choking hazard and is DANGEROUS beyond belief!!!

If you'd like proof of this, I'd be happy to supply you the links. She is endangering your baby, end the care with her IMMEDIATELY. And please have your baby looked at by your pedi.

If my MIL ever would do something like that, that would be last time she would be watching my children without my supervision!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
kellykc1229
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just had to pipe in here... my DS was around 3 months old when his poops changed. They went from very frequent curdy poops to once or twice a week and thick, like melted peanut butter or cake batter with a few lumps. They seem to be very sticky too, and even the smell changed. I was so worried at first but his poops have been like that since so i guess it's normal for him.
He was and still is EBF, and i didnt change my diet at all before or after the change.
I hope that helps to ease your mind a bit... maybe MIL didnt give any cereal

Check out my Facebook Fan Page
kellykc1229 is offline   Reply With Quote