View Poll Results: If you are nursing, What is your cup size?
A 11 4.01%
B 26 9.49%
C 33 12.04%
D 55 20.07%
DD/E 74 27.01%
F 32 11.68%
G 18 6.57%
H 9 3.28%
Bigger than H 16 5.84%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #11
OwensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is your cup size?

Before I had kiddos I weighed 105 and had small B's. Now I only weigh 15 lbs more (120) but I have DD's. They REALLY changed with PG and BFing.

Advertisement

OwensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #12
tranmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was a B after I had my DS 11 years ago, and a C by the time I had my DD 7 months ago. I attribute the increase in size to just getting older. I'm now a D while nursing, and I was like "WOW" when the "nursing bra fitter lady" suggested I move to a D cup. I'm a full D when my breasts are full of milk, a full C when I've just finished nursing or pumping.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

ugh i know. i was a perfectly perky size C before my first pregnancy, now i'm a gigantic size DDD/E. my friends who knew me before i ever got pregnant do one of these when they see me now:

combined with

LOL. i can't wait to go back down when i'm done nursing (forever away). and then my husband has already agreed to pay a plastic surgeon to put them back where the good lord intended. perky C's here i COME!!!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #14
tweetlebeetle
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was a DD before I got pregnant and am now an F. I'm used to having ginormous boobs, but I wish they were the same size. Sister Left is full cup bigger than Sister Right!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #15
pawillars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionnecherub View Post
... Its like everything is designed for smaller chested women. It just seems like most breastfeeding women should be bigger than the average C Especially the large and extra large mamas out there (like me ). ...
I feel for you, mama. Before pg I was back down to a 38C (from a 40D) having lost weight...the girls started prepping to feed my LO by month 7 when I had to go get fitted for a new bra since nothing fit anymore...Came in at a 40E and I have so much leakage I have to use prefolds for nursing pads!
pawillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #16
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

Unfortunately I've always been "blessed" with Ds....When I was nursing DD the first 6-7 months though I was between a DD & E and it was not fun...unfortunately, pregnancy also made my already wide rib cage even wider so now I"m back to somewhere between a D & DD....but my number measurement changed from a 38 to somewhere around a 42-44 -_- I've been trying to lose weight and am succeeding...everywhere except my chest area....add that to a long torso and nothing fits...BF clothing or regular clothing....of course I never understood why they make BF & Preggo clothing (tops) so freakin low! No modesty! but anyway...need to stop ranting and go to bed ^_^
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #17
mtate
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was an average perky 34C before I was pregnant. my lil lovey grew me up to 34DD by the time nursing came around.. BOY was that HORRIBLY uncomfortable! and very few bras fit the small band I needed with the large cup size... now thanks to my DD and completely unsupportive nursing bras, I am a quite "low-lying" D... Victoria Secret does me wonders LOL but I am VERY self conscious about the state of my "twins" now... who are very much un-twin-like... by almost half a cup... i really would like to have them back where God placed them, but hate that I feel uncomfortable asking DH to help me consider a "procedure"... he says they are "lovely" but they sure don't FEEL "lovely"!!!
Ok rant over!

mtate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #18
janel47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was a size 38F when I started nursing DD #1 and I went to Motherhood for a bra and they said I needed an "unusual" size and sent me to the local chemotherapy boutique that apparently also carried nursing bras to get fitted. I was relieved to find out that MANY women get sent there and my problem wasn't unusual at all. Now I buy mine online but haven't found a good nursing top solution. I'm getting a bunch of cheapo tanks and cutting nursing holes in them to wear under my normal clothes this time. Not pretty, but who's gonna know?

I used to be a C cup, D/E while pregnant with DD#1, F while nursing her. Went down to a D after we stopped nursing. Back up to an F while pregnant with DD#2 and I'm hoping I don't go up a size when she's born because I don't want to buy new bras!!

Speaking of Victoria's Secret (PP mentioned...) they now have a nursing line but don't carry the larger cup sizes either, they're just sized like all the rest of VS's stuff.

Last edited by janel47; 04-21-2008 at 10:04 PM.
janel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #19
JenB1983
Registered Users

I was a 38D when I got pregnant with my youngest(almost 2 years ago exactly!); I've stayed a 40F since having him. LOL
Old 04-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #20
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know what you mean! I'm a D to start with, had to get some DD/E when pregnant and then went to Bravado as they have some flexibility as you get bigger/smaller. I'm at least a DD 15 months into BFing.

I'm having the opposite problem than you might encounter though, I'm a 34 chest and they seem to think that people with a 34 chest have small boobs or if they really are a DD I must need at least a 38! AAHH! Stupid people designing bras - must be men