Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HELP!!! has anyone had a hubby that doesn't want to know what babe is?

ok so i KNOW i want to know...and rick knows that too. its all i talk about. but he has decided that he wants the surprise of not knowing for right now. he is totally ok with me not knowing, he just doesn't want to be told as of right now. he's not sure if he will make it to forty weeks or not but as of right now...he thinks he can!

so how do i do all of this without giving it away? he already said to hide all the fluff that comes in and that i can not let him see all that. and that he will go with me to stores and show me what outfit he likes for each gender and i can go later and buy the clothes that i know we need. (i love the idea of being in complete control of the outfits ). and we already have the bedding sets picked out and everything.

but what do i do about a registry? add the gender neutral stuff with him and then do the boy/girl stuff myself? and what do i do about a baby shower(i never got one with evan)? just make sure he isn't around for it and hide all the gifts? i already told him that i will just store every last bit in the babe's closet till he is either ready to know or we bring babe home. its kinda scary that i have to buy all this stuff on my own (almost everything we are getting is either boyish or girly....even our britax!) but i know i can handle it.

my biggest fear right now is slipping up and saying her/he or something like that. its going to be hard to call little one it!

any advice ya'll have on this would be amazing...i am so nervous about accidently telling him or the best way to go about it all!

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP!!! has anyone had a hubby that doesn't want to know what babe is?

That's a tough one. I think you'll have to dedide together wether its a secret or not. I know I could never keep that a secret from DH. I'm just glad that we both dont' want to know. Good luck with your decision!
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
altuttle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Dh says he doesnt want to know but I think it is more to pick on me. He didnt want to konw with ds#2 and I cried and he let us find out. With this one I really want to know as well because I am a planner and I would like to have everything done and ready prior to baby coming. I dont know how to deal with registries and things like that if they dont want to know as I will problaby not register this time since I do not plan to have a baby shower. I still have several weeks til it is even possible to know so I have to work on him again with this baby.
altuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
Pookamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! My DH never wants to find out but he wants me to be clueless with him. He made an exception with this pregnancy because we were so surprised with it anyway. Sounds like you will be doing a lot of preparation on your own! Good luck keeping that secret!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you register for boy/girl stuff then that would mean EVERYONE would know but him. Then you have to trust everyone else to keep the secret and that's impossible. I guess just register for gender neutral stuff and maybe your shower will be post-baby when everyone knows and can go nuts.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
If you register for boy/girl stuff then that would mean EVERYONE would know but him. Then you have to trust everyone else to keep the secret and that's impossible. I guess just register for gender neutral stuff and maybe your shower will be post-baby when everyone knows and can go nuts.
oh post baby! thats a good idea!

he said i can tell family members that want to know...but his poor mama won't know unless someone else wants to know and they can tell her. she keeps trying to piss me off and i am not speaking to her. that kinda gives me a giggle.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh Mama, I'm sorry! No help for you. We aren't going to find out. (for the first one anyway) We are going to let the doc put it in an envelope & mail it to my mom. That way the coming home outfit & christening gown will be done appropriately. My mom is also going to buy CDs for me. (I'm going to give her the pp & she can come on my user on here & I am going to send her links to the diapers I want. Then its up to her to buy them & hold onto them until the baby comes. But she's awesome like that.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am no help, I was a bad wife...i wanted to know and dh did not. I went behind his back (well i think he kinda knew I was going to do it anyways) and tried to find out. Well it backfired on me because the dr. report was blank which means they couldn't tell. argh. So that was the universe telling me that it was wrong of me to try and find out what it was without dh knowing. If i had been told, well I am not super sure how I could have kept that from everyone...at that point I didn't care, i just wanted to know!!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

I would not worry too much about it, I would find out, and try and keep it, and if he found out, it'd be his own fault for not wanting to know..LOL
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #10
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As far as saying he or she to your hubby if you know....maybe you 2 could come up with a nickname for the baby while you are pregnant with him or her....we call the baby Huckleberry (long story) right now because we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl yet...stubborn child had knees up, ankles crossed and the cord between the legs at our us on Friday! Anyways, maybe a silly nickname that you always use for the baby would keep you from saying he or she. Good luck mama!!
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote