Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2008, 06:29 AM   #11
kakemery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any one want to start running with me?

I did my 2-mi run last night! I tried to slow down and ended up going even faster I did an 8.12mi/mi last night. This morning I realized what I need to do to slow down though... I need to get out of bed and go directly for a run! I went for one before dh left for work and I was pressed on time so I didn't have anything to eat or any real time to wake up. I was dragging my rear. I could only go a little over a mile and I did it in 10min. It was a pretty crappy run, but today was rest day anyway.

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
esoloj
Registered Users
seller

I so want to start running again! I have 4 children and my dh works a lot of mandatory overtime so trying to find time for me can be challenging but I'm gonna try and work it out! Oh, and here's that couch to 5K site:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Erika
Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #13
kakemery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel about finding time. I SAHM with my 2 LOs during the day, then I leave as soon as DH gets home, to work evenings. I don't get home until after 8, so at that point, it is too late. I am done with my evening job in 2 weeks though
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
mb_girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh how I want to run so badly. A long time ago I used to. A year ago I tore the ligaments in my right ankle and because of that and my weight...my dr. says that I need to lose 50lbs before it would be good for me to start running.

Sometimes I do intervals...I know against her advice...but I take it slow and if anything feels off I stop.

I dream...literally dream of lacing up my runners and just being able to run run run outside in the fresh air. lol.

So maybe I won't be running like you girls but I'm definately gonna follow you. Hope thats ok.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 AM   #15
kakemery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mb_girl
If you are biking, you should be able to build those ligaments up pretty well! Who knows, maybe you will be able to start running in a few months!
I have terrible knees (patello-femoral displacement), so I was told not to run. My PT that I used to go to, said that if I work to build up the muscles in my legs that I should be fine. I have been cycling to do that and now am able to run pain-free. Of course, I am still only running 2mi at a time, we will see where they are at when I am running 32!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
WigglyWorm
Registered Users

I'm doing horribly at running. The endurance thing is sucky but not unbearable and of course that gets better. My problem is that my left leg is very weak due to mild cerebral palsy and after I do a few cycles of running 1 min, walking 2 mins my leg is so weak that I run like I'm limping and I have to throw my leg forward, if that makes sense. I am stumped as to how to overcome this. It's incredibly frustrating.
WigglyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #17
kakemery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wigglyworm-
Have you seen a Physical Therapist? Even just going in once, they can give you lots of pointers on what to do. I only went a handful of times for my knee condition and they gave me enough pointers to feel comfortable with maintaining on my own. I intend to start going again before too long though, simply because I want to have them check my muscle strength in my knees with their little machine
Old 04-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
WigglyWorm
Registered Users

I haven't been since I was a kid, but that's a good idea. Hmm.
WigglyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:06 AM   #19
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

One week down.....7 more to go! I hope that I can do some of this in Houston as we are leaving in a few minutes to go to the thyroid doc.
Wish me luck with him!
Mel
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #20
graymojo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I ran yesterday and the day before. I kind of just run the distance I feel. Yesterday and the day before was 1.5 miles. I'm SO sore this morning. The regular road is harder on my body than the treadmill but way less boring. Oh yes, did I mention I run with a double jogger?

www.turtleheadsteaandcoffee.com
graymojo is offline   Reply With Quote