Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Angry Nesting...vent

Ok so I have started nesting this last week and no one seems to be able to keep the house clean! I live with my DH, Sis n law and my 18 month old dd. I don't think they they understand that when they get home from work and the house is spotless that I want to keep it that way! Clutter is driving me nuts right now. (I do have to say that dh did help a little today after I had a back spasm). My sis n law is due w/ her 1st in July and has no idea about nesting yet. Thanks for letting me vent!

Wife to Joe, mom to DD Rylee 10-06, DS Joey 6-08, DS Isaiah 5-10 & due 7-12
Rylee'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Nesting...vent

My BIL lives with us - I hear you 10000% on not being able to keep the house clean. I work full time, too, so when I do invest the energy, and it gets messed up so quickly, it makes me SO mad. Can your dh talk to your SIL? My dh is long overdue to have a conversation with his brother. I don't trust myself to do it calmly.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I nested a few weeks back. Like totally scrubbing walls and cabinets. I have a five and a four year old both boys and a husband so I feel like all my energy was for nothing. I have my mw doing my home visit on friday. I'm so worried I'm going to go into labor with a messy house! What I don't want to have to do during labor is clean before my mw shows up! Maybe talk to them and tell them how much it means to you. Your SIL will soon find out I'm sure!
sweetpeamami83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

its me, boyfriend, and our two best friends.... and my 50 pound staffordshire terrier in a super small house. its basically a REALLY large studio. I have the same problem. Im a creative person so I have to have lots of workspace, but since I have a TON of hobbies im anal about organization. this has translated into the babys space and it makes me crazy if even the rug gets wrinkled. I work so hard and keep everything so nice that when ppl dont fix things i would i get frusterated. its stupid stuff. Like we have this overstuffed chair in the entry way, which is practically the midpoint between my studio and bedroom. and everytime someone comes home from shopping or etc they load all the stuff onto this chair and put everything away gradually... but stuff always gets left behind, especially purse/pocket piles/sweaters/jackets... and the *place for those things is like 5 feet away (HUGE coat rack and hooks in wall behind front door) and I get so annoyed each day because right after I clean it it is stocked again before the evening is over! ah! haha. i get over it though. and start again...
mommy to bella rose born fourth of july
stocking our etsy constantly
amberlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
Registered Users

I throw things away, and don't care who it belongs to or what it is. Then they'll run around looking for it, and I'll say, "Oh, you wanted that? It was just laying there, so I didn't know. Sorry". It's gotten the point across, so I don't have to use it very often anymore.
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote